the reason forwhy I was angry is that he didn't keep

keep one’s word守信用.履行诺言 [原句]I was so angry that I went straight to Hannah and told her we weren’t ——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
keep one’s word守信用.履行诺言 [原句]I was so angry that I went straight to Hannah and told her we weren’t going to be friends any more because she couldn’t keep her word. (p2) 拓展: break one’s word食言.失信get word / have word 获得消息.听说.得知 give/pass one’s word 保证.承担,答应.允诺leave word留言 word by word逐字地 have a word with sb.跟某人说话 have words with sb.同某人吵架 get in a word 插话 in a word总之 Word comes / has come that 消息传来 [基础提升] He left with my secretary that he would call again in the afternoon and he did keep his . A. words B. word C. words D. words 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
下面为同学们推荐部分热门搜索同步练习册答案,要查找更多练习册答案请点击访问
When it comes to friends, I desire those who will share my happiness, who possess wings of their own and who will fly with me. I seek friends whose qualities illuminate(照亮)me and train me up for love. It is for these people that I reserve the glowing hours, too good not to share.When I was in the eighth grade, I had a friend. We were shy and “too serious” about our studies when it was becoming fashionable with our classmates to learn acceptable social behaviors. We said little at school, but she would come to my house and we would sit down with pencils and paper, and one of us would say:“Let’s start with a train whistle today.” We would sit quietly together and write separate poems or stories that grew out of a train whistle. Then we would read them aloud. At the end of that school year, we, too, were changing into social creatures and the stories and poems stopped.When I lived for a time in London, I had a friend, He was in despair(失望)and I was in despair. But our friendship was based on the idea in each of us that we would be sorry later if we did not explore this great city because we had felt bad at the time. We met every Sunday for five weeks and found many excellent things. We walked until our despairs disappeared and then we parted. We gave London to each other.For almost four years I have had remarkable friend whose imagination illuminates mine. We write long letters in which we often discover our strangest selves. Each of us appears, sometimes in a funny way, in the other’s dreams. She and I agree that, at certain times, we seem to be parts of the same mind. In my most interesting moments, I often think: “Yes, I must tell….”We have never met.It is such comforting companions I wish to keep. One bright hour with their kind is worth more to me than the lifetime services of a psychologist(心理学家),who will only fill up the healing(愈合的)silence necessary to those darkest moments in which I would rather be my own best friend.【小题1】In the eighth grade, what the author did before developing proper social behavior was to ______.A.become serious about her studyB.go to her friend’s house regularlyC.learn from her classmates at schoolD.share poems and stories with her friend【小题2】In Paragraph 3, “We gave London to each other” probably means ______.A.our exploration of London was a memorable gift to both of usB.we were unwilling to tear ourselves away from LondonC.our unpleasant feeling about London disappearedD.we parted with each other in London【小题3】According to Paragraph 4, the author and her friend _______.A.call each other regularlyB.have similar personalitiesC.enjoy writing to each otherD.dream of meeting each other【小题4】In the darkest moments, the author would prefer to ______.A.seek professional helpB.be left aloneC.stay with her best friendD.break the silence【小题5】What is the best title for the passage?A.Unforgettable ExperiencesB.Remarkable ImaginationC.Lifelong FriendshipD.Noble Companions
三、阅读理解(共15 小题,30分) I like friends who share my happiness and sorrow,and who possess wings of their own and fly with me. I seek friends whose qualities illuminate(照亮)me and help me to express my love. It is for these people that I reserve the glowing hours, too good not to share. When I was in the eighth grade, I had a friend. We were shy and “too serious” about our studies when it was becoming fashionable with our classmates to learn acceptable social behaviors. We said little at school, but she would come to my house and we would sit down with pencils and paper, and one of us would say,“Let’s start with a train whistle today.” We would sit quietly together and write poems or stories that grew out of a train whistle. Then we would read them aloud. At the end of that school year, we too, were changing into social creatures and the stories and poems stopped. When I lived for a time in London, I had a friend. He was in despair(失望) and I was in despair, but our friendship was based on the idea that we would be sorry later if we did not explore this great city because we felt awful at the time. We met every Sunday for five weeks and visited many wonderful places. We walked until our despair disappeared and then we parted. We gave London to each other. For almost four years I have had a remarkable friend whose imagination illuminates mine. We write long letters to each other in which we often discover our strangest selves. Each of us appears, sometimes in a funny way, in the other’s dreams. She and I agree that, at certain times, we seem to be parts of the same mind. In my most interesting moments, I often think: “Yes, I must tell…” We have never met. It is such comforting companions I wish to keep. One bright hour with their kind is worth more to me than the lifetime services of a psychologist(心理学家), who will only fill up the healing(愈合的) silence necessary to those darkest moments in which I would rather be my own best friend.1. In the eighth grade, what did the author do while her classmates started developing proper social behavior?A. Become serious about her studies.&&&&& B. Went to her friend’s house regularly.&&C. Learned from her claamates at school. &&D. Wrote poems and stories with her friend.2. In Paragraph 3, “We gave London to each other” probably means “______”.A. our exploration of London was a memorable gift to both of usB. we were unwilling to tear ourselves away from LondonC. our unpleasant feelings about London disappeared D. we parted with each other in London3. According to Paragraph 4, the author and her friend&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& .A. call each other regularly&&&&&& B. have similar personalitiesC. write stories&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. sometimes dream about each other4. In the darkest moments, the author wants to&&&&&&&&&&&&& .A. seek professional help&&&&&&&&&B. be left aloneC. stay with her best friend&&&&&&&D. break the silence5. What is a good title for the passage?A. Unforgettable Experiences&&&&&B. Remarkable ImaginationC. Lifelong Friendships&&&&&&&&&&& D. Noble Companions
As AH1N1 flu continues to spread, experts from the World Health Organization are calling for everyone to practice smart flu prevention techniques. Besides washing your hands and getting enough sleep, here are the other 7 ways to keep your body strong and your immune(免疫) system ready to fight infection.Avoid Contact with Sick PeopleFlu virus is spread when particles (微粒) blown into the air through a cough or sneeze reach someone else’s nose. So if you’re coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and then wash your hands, and if you have to be around someone who is sick, try to stay a few feet away from them and avoid physical contact.Eat Immune – Boosting FoodsKeeping your body strong and ready to fight infection is important in flu prevention. Fatty foods can make you feel lazy, and make your immune system working in an inactive and compromised way. So stick with wholes grains, colorful vegetables, and vitamin – rich fruits.Avoid Alcohol In addition to being a mood calm and pleasant, alcohol is an immune restriction that can actually decrease your resistance to virus infections like AH1N1flu. So avoid alcohol to keep your immune system strong.Drink Enough WaterDrink 8 – 10 glasses of water each day to wash out poisonous things from your system and maintain system in a good state,Keep Physically ActiveAdequate exercise – for example walking for 30 to 40 minutes 3 or 4 times a week – supports the immune system by increasing circulation, speeding the body’s oxygen – taking – in, taking away poisonous things through sweat, and releasing tension and stress. So get moving!Be Careful of SurfacesThis is as much a mindfulness exercise as anything else. Be aware of what public surfaces you touch, when you’ve shaken hands with someone, or when you’re using something like a pen that others have recently used – and don’t touch your face until you’ve had a chance to wash your hands.Know When to Get Help AH1N1 flu can look like regular flu, so don’t feel like you necessarily are infected if you’re exhibiting flu – like symptoms. But do consult your doctor if your symptoms are severe.&&64.Which of the following pictures is talked about in the passage? &&&&&&&65.How can fatty foods affect a person? &&&&&&&&&&. A.They cause human’s immune system inactive B.They help to keep one’s body strong C.They are good for fighting infection D.They are favorable for a calm mood66.Drinking water and having enough exercise play the similar role in &&&&&&&. A.increasing circulation&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.taking in& more oxygen C.cleaning your system&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.reducing your pressure67.What does the author strongly suggest in the last paragraph? &&&&&&&& A.Don’t touch your face!&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Avoid using others’ pen! C.Don’t fear getting infected!&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.See a doctor if you’re seriously ill!
根据下列各句句意和空白之后的汉语提示词或词的首字母,写出对应单词的正确、完整形式,每空只写一词。1.After a month’s rest at home, she recovered from her_____________(虚弱).2.I didn’t know my English was ___________(有限的)until I got to America.3.He will ________(受益)from thenew way of learning English.4.Our headmaster is always ____________(精力充沛的)and never feels tired.5.He entered the lab without ____________(允许).6.It is ___________(明显的)thathe didn’t do it.7.It is difficult to keep one’s ____________(平衡)on an icy road.8.This song always __________(使想起) me of my life in school.9.This restaurant was not giving its _____________(顾客) healthy food.10.Yesterday I ___________(原谅)her for what she did.&
根据下列各句句意和空白之后的汉语提示词或词的首字母, 写出对应单词的正确、完整形式,每空只写一词。【小题1】After a month’s rest at home, she recovered from her _____________(虚弱).【小题2】I didn’t know my English was ___________(有限的)until I got to America.【小题3】He will ________(受益)from the new way of learning English.【小题4】Our headmaster is always ____________(精力充沛的)and never feels tired.【小题5】He entered the lab without ____________(允许).【小题6】It is ___________(明显的)that he didn’t do it.【小题7】It is difficult to keep one’s ____________(平衡)on an icy road.【小题8】This song always __________(使想起) me of my life in school.【小题9】This restaurant was not giving its _____________(顾客) healthy food.【小题10】Yesterday I ___________(原谅)her for what she did.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号& “Once Effendi had a j...”习题详情
216位同学学习过此题,做题成功率86.5%
Once Effendi had a joke with the Prime Minister(宰相). He said that the Minister would die the next day. The next day, the Minister fell to the ground from the horse and really died. When the king learned this, he got angry and sent his men to catch Effendi at once.When Effendi was brought to him, the king shouted angrily, “Effendi, since you knew when my Minister would die, you must know the date of your own death. Say it out, or you’ll die today.”Effendi looked at the king for a while. Then he answered, “But how can I know? I’ll die two days earlier than you.” The king was afraid that if he killed Effendi, he himself would die after that. He thought he must keep Effendi alive as long as possible, so he let Effendi go.【小题1】This story tells us &&&&.A.how Effendi fooled the kingB.when the king would dieC.why the Minister diedD.Effendi knew the date of everyone’s death【小题2】The Prime Minister died because &&&&.A.Effendi killed himB.Effendi said he would dieC.he was badly illD.he fell off the horse【小题3】Why did the king ask Effendi to tell him the date of Effendi’s own death?A.Because the king wanted to know when he himself would die.B.Because the king wanted to find an excuse to kill Effendi.C.Because he himself had known the date of Effendi’s death.D.Because he wanted to know when Effendi would die.【小题4】The king let Effendi go because &&&&.A.he hoped to live a long lifeB.he was afraid of EffendiC.he didn’t believe Effendi’s wordsD.he knew the would die two days later【小题5】Which of the following is not true?A.Effendi played a joke on the Minister.B.The king was afraid of death.C.Effendi didn’t know when the king would dieD.If the king killed Effendi, he himself would die two days later.A&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2011-山东省滨州市中考英语试题(解析版)
分析与解答
习题“Once Effendi had a joke with the Prime Minister(宰相). He said that the Minister would die the next day. Th...”的分析与解答如下所示:
【主旨大意】本文讲的是聪明的阿凡提智答国王问题的故事,以致国王为了不让自己死去,而不敢杀死他。【小题1】综合分析题。由文章可知,为了保全生命,中阿凡提说自己会比国王早死两天。以此愚弄了国王。【小题1】细节理解题。由第一段可知,宰相是从马上摔下来而死的。【小题1】细节推理题。由第一段和第二段可知,国王很生气,杀死阿凡提是他的目的。【小题1】细节理解题。由文章结尾可知,国王是怕自己真的会死去才没有杀死阿凡提,由此推测和A一致。【小题1】判断推理题。本文是要求选择不正确的,国王会在阿凡提死后两天死,这一说法是没有可信性的,只是阿凡提的一个自救说法。故选D。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
Once Effendi had a joke with the Prime Minister(宰相). He said that the Minister would die the next da...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“Once Effendi had a j...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“Once Effendi had a joke with the Prime Minister(宰相). He said that the Minister would die the next day. The next day, the Minister fell to the ground from the horse and really died. When the king learned this, he got angry and sent his men to catch Effendi at once.When Effendi was brought to him, the king shouted angrily, “Effendi, since you knew when my Minister would die, you must know the date of your own death. Say it out, or you’ll die today.”Effendi looked at the king for a while. Then he answered, “But how can I know? I’ll die two days earlier than you.” The king was afraid that if he killed Effendi, he himself would die after that. He thought he must keep Effendi alive as long as possible, so he let Effendi go.【小题1】This story tells us ____.A.how Effendi fooled the kingB.when the king would dieC.why the Minister diedD.Effendi knew the date of everyone’s death【小题2】The Prime Minister died because ____.A.Effendi killed himB.Effendi said he would dieC.he was badly illD.he fell off the horse【小题3】Why did the king ask Effendi to tell him the date of Effendi’s own death?A.Because the king wanted to know when he himself would die.B.Because the king wanted to find an excuse to kill Effendi.C.Because he himself had known the date of Effendi’s death.D.Because he wanted to know when Effendi would die.【小题4】The king let Effendi go because ____.A.he hoped to live a long lifeB.he was afraid of EffendiC.he didn’t believe Effendi’s wordsD.he knew the would die two days later【小题5】Which of the following is not true?A.Effendi played a joke on the Minister.B.The king was afraid of death.C.Effendi didn’t know when the king would dieD.If the king killed Effendi, he himself would die two days later.”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“Once Effendi had a joke with the Prime Minister(宰相). He said that the Minister would die the next day. The next day, the Minister fell to the ground from the horse and really died. When the king learned this, he got angry and sent his men to catch Effendi at once.When Effendi was brought to him, the king shouted angrily, “Effendi, since you knew when my Minister would die, you must know the date of your own death. Say it out, or you’ll die today.”Effendi looked at the king for a while. Then he answered, “But how can I know? I’ll die two days earlier than you.” The king was afraid that if he killed Effendi, he himself would die after that. He thought he must keep Effendi alive as long as possible, so he let Effendi go.【小题1】This story tells us ____.A.how Effendi fooled the kingB.when the king would dieC.why the Minister diedD.Effendi knew the date of everyone’s death【小题2】The Prime Minister died because ____.A.Effendi killed himB.Effendi said he would dieC.he was badly illD.he fell off the horse【小题3】Why did the king ask Effendi to tell him the date of Effendi’s own death?A.Because the king wanted to know when he himself would die.B.Because the king wanted to find an excuse to kill Effendi.C.Because he himself had known the date of Effendi’s death.D.Because he wanted to know when Effendi would die.【小题4】The king let Effendi go because ____.A.he hoped to live a long lifeB.he was afraid of EffendiC.he didn’t believe Effendi’s wordsD.he knew the would die two days later【小题5】Which of the following is not true?A.Effendi played a joke on the Minister.B.The king was afraid of death.C.Effendi didn’t know when the king would dieD.If the king killed Effendi, he himself would die two days later.”相似的习题。& “I am a person who ca...”习题详情
108位同学学习过此题,做题成功率76.8%
I am a person who can get angry&& 26&. But after& 27&a passage from my English teacher, things have changed &28&. I am studying at a boarding school, so I have to learn &29&&how to study well, but how to get on well with others. Some of us are& 30&&while others are quiet. So it is& 31&that people have problems and arguments.Smiling at others is the easiest way to stop argument. Another way is to think& 32&your ideas are right before having an argument. If others’ ideas are really not good, keep and open& 33&. Try to forgive(原谅)them. Having a friend is& 34&better than having an enemy after all. Also,&& 35&point out others’ mistakes &36&. If you really want to help them, send a letter &37&. On the other hand, if someone points out your disadvantages, don’t& 38&. Just think this is a person who really wants to help you and make friends& 39&you. Remember: Forgiving makes life& 40&.【小题1】A.easilyB.freelyC.actuallyD.generally【小题2】A.readingB.readC.writingD.written【小题3】A.manyB.a lotC.lots ofD.many more【小题4】A.neitherB.not onlyC.eitherD.both【小题5】A.seriousB.shyC.outgoingD.athletic【小题6】A.unusualB.commonC.strangeD.nice【小题7】A.ifB.whyC.thatD.how【小题8】A.mindB.headC.roomD.hand【小题9】A.veryB.kind ofC.muchD.enough【小题10】A.NotB.NeverC.DoD.Please【小题11】A.in publicB.with othersC.laterD.all the time【小题12】A.instead ofB.insteadC.rather thanD.according to【小题13】A.worryB.fightC.cryD.laugh【小题14】A.withB.onC.toD.among【小题15】A.boringB.excitingC.frustratingD.disappointingA&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2012-浙江省新昌县实验中学初三上学期期中测试英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“I am a person who can get angry 26. But after 27a passage from my English teacher, things have changed 28...”的分析与解答如下所示:
【小题1】考查副词:我是很容易生气的人。选A【小题2】考查动词:在读完老师的文章之后。选A【小题3】考查副词:a lot修饰changed,改变了很多。选B【小题4】考查词组:not only…but also…,不但而且…,选B【小题5】考查形容词:从后面的while others are quiet.可知外向的。选C【小题6】考查形容词:人们有争议是很正常的。选B【小题7】考查连接词;一种办法是想想你的论点是否正确。选A【小题8】考查名词:好的,开放的思维。选A【小题9】考查副词:much修饰better,好多了。选C【小题10】考查副词:不要当众指出别人的错误。选B【小题11】考查词组:in public,在公众场合。选A【小题12】考查代词:如果你真的想帮助他,给他写封信。选B【小题13】考查动词:如果有人指出你的缺点,不要担心。选A【小题14】考查词组:make friends with you和你交朋友。选A【小题15】考查形容词:原谅使生活精彩。选B
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
I am a person who can get angry 26. But after 27a passage from my English teacher, things have chang...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“I am a person who ca...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“I am a person who can get angry 26. But after 27a passage from my English teacher, things have changed 28. I am studying at a boarding school, so I have to learn 29how to study well, but how to get on well with others. Some of us are 30while others are quiet. So it is 31that people have problems and arguments.Smiling at others is the easiest way to stop argument. Another way is to think 32your ideas are right before having an argument. If others’ ideas are really not good, keep and open 33. Try to forgive(原谅)them. Having a friend is 34better than having an enemy after all. Also, 35point out others’ mistakes 36. If you really want to help them, send a letter 37. On the other hand, if someone points out your disadvantages, don’t 38. Just think this is a person who really wants to help you and make friends 39you. Remember: Forgiving makes life 40.【小题1】A.easilyB.freelyC.actuallyD.generally【小题2】A.readingB.readC.writingD.written【小题3】A.manyB.a lotC.lots ofD.many more【小题4】A.neitherB.not onlyC.eitherD.both【小题5】A.seriousB.shyC.outgoingD.athletic【小题6】A.unusualB.commonC.strangeD.nice【小题7】A.ifB.whyC.thatD.how【小题8】A.mindB.headC.roomD.hand【小题9】A.veryB.kind ofC.muchD.enough【小题10】A.NotB.NeverC.DoD.Please【小题11】A.in publicB.with othersC.laterD.all the time【小题12】A.instead ofB.insteadC.rather thanD.according to【小题13】A.worryB.fightC.cryD.laugh【小题14】A.withB.onC.toD.among【小题15】A.boringB.excitingC.frustratingD.disappointing”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“I am a person who can get angry 26. But after 27a passage from my English teacher, things have changed 28. I am studying at a boarding school, so I have to learn 29how to study well, but how to get on well with others. Some of us are 30while others are quiet. So it is 31that people have problems and arguments.Smiling at others is the easiest way to stop argument. Another way is to think 32your ideas are right before having an argument. If others’ ideas are really not good, keep and open 33. Try to forgive(原谅)them. Having a friend is 34better than having an enemy after all. Also, 35point out others’ mistakes 36. If you really want to help them, send a letter 37. On the other hand, if someone points out your disadvantages, don’t 38. Just think this is a person who really wants to help you and make friends 39you. Remember: Forgiving makes life 40.【小题1】A.easilyB.freelyC.actuallyD.generally【小题2】A.readingB.readC.writingD.written【小题3】A.manyB.a lotC.lots ofD.many more【小题4】A.neitherB.not onlyC.eitherD.both【小题5】A.seriousB.shyC.outgoingD.athletic【小题6】A.unusualB.commonC.strangeD.nice【小题7】A.ifB.whyC.thatD.how【小题8】A.mindB.headC.roomD.hand【小题9】A.veryB.kind ofC.muchD.enough【小题10】A.NotB.NeverC.DoD.Please【小题11】A.in publicB.with othersC.laterD.all the time【小题12】A.instead ofB.insteadC.rather thanD.according to【小题13】A.worryB.fightC.cryD.laugh【小题14】A.withB.onC.toD.among【小题15】A.boringB.excitingC.frustratingD.disappointing”相似的习题。}

我要回帖

更多关于 there is a reason 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信