连词成句make、the、a、class、it、make a posterr、it、and、tell.

连词成句make、the、a、class、it、poster、it、and、tell._百度知道
连词成句make、the、a、class、it、poster、it、and、tell.
原题make,the,a,class,it,poster,it,and,tell.连词成句It
an哗搐糕诽蕹赌革涩宫绩d
来自团队:
为您推荐:
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁Free Poster - Common Mistakes Beginning Actors Make
You may also like
About the authorLindsay PriceThe page is temporarily unavailable
nginx error!
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.
Website Administrator
Something has triggered an error on your
This is the default error page for
nginx that is distributed with
It is located
/usr/share/nginx/html/50x.html
You should customize this error page for your own
site or edit the error_page directive in
the nginx configuration file
/etc/nginx/nginx.conf.The Writer's Handbook
Creating Poster Presentations
Creating a Poster
A poster presentation
combines text and graphics to present your project in a way that is visually interesting and accessible. It allows you to display your work to a large group of other scholars and to talk to and receive feedback from interested viewers.
Poster sessions have been very common in the sciences for some time, and they have recently become more popular as forums for the presentation of research in other disciplines like the social sciences, service learning,
the humanities, and the arts.
Poster presentation formats differ from discipline to discipline, but in every case, a poster should clearly articulate what you did, how you did it, why you did it, and what it contributes to your field and the larger field of human knowledge.
What goals should I keep in mind as I construct my poster?
Clarity of content. You will need to decide on a small number of key points that you want your viewers to take away from your presentation, and you will need to articulate those ideas clearly and concisely.
Visual interest and accessiblity. You want viewers to notice and take interest in your poster so that they will pause to learn more about your project, and you will need the poster&#39s design to present your research in a way that is easy for those viewers to make sense of it.
The answer to this question depends upon the context in which you will be presenting your poster. If you are presenting at a conference in your field, your audience will likely contain mostly people who will be familiar with the basic concepts you're working with, field-specific terminology, and the main debates facing your field and informing your research. This type of audience will probably most interested in clear, specific accounts of the what and the how of your project.
If you are presenting in a setting where some audience members may not be as familiar with your area of study, you will need to explain more about the specific debates that are current in your field and to define any technical terms you use. This audience will be less interested in the specific details and more interested in the what and why of your project&that is, your broader motivations for the project and its impact on their own lives.
Probably less than you would like! One of the biggest pitfalls of poster presentations is filling your poster with so much text that it overwhelms your viewers and makes it difficult for them to tell which points are the most important. Viewers should be able to skim the poster from several feet away and easily make out the most significant points.
The point of a poster is not to list every detail of your project. Rather, it should explain the value of your research project. To do this effectively, you will need to determine your take-home message. What is the single most important thing you want your audience to understand, believe, accept, or do after they see your poster?
Once you have an idea about what that take-home message is, support it by adding some details about what you did as part of your research, how you did it, why you did it, and what it contributes to your field and the larger field of human knowledge.
What kind of information should I include about what I did?
This is the raw material of your research: your research questions, a succinct statement of your project&#39s main argument (what you are trying to prove), and the evidence that supports that argument. In the
sciences, the what of a project is often divided into its hypothesis and its data or results. In other disciplines, the what is made up of a claim or thesis statement and the evidence used to back it up.
Remember that your viewers won&#39t be able to process too mu it&#39s your job to narrow down this evidence so that you&#39re providing the big picture. Choose a few key pieces of evidence that most clearly illustrate your take-home message. Often a chart, graph, table, photo, or other figure can help you distill this information and communicate it quickly and easily.
What kind of information should I include about how I did it?
Include information about the process you followed as you conducted your project. Viewers will not have time to wade through too many technical details, so only your general approach is needed. Interested viewers can ask you for details.
What kind of information should I include about why I did it?
Give your audience an idea about your motivation for this project. What real-world problems or questions prompted you to undertake this project? What field-specific issues or debates influenced your thinking? What information is essential for your audience to be able to understand your project and its significance? In some disciplines, this information appears in the background or rationale section of a paper.
What kind of information should I include about its contribution?
Help your audience to see what your project means for you and for them. How do your findings impact scholars in your field and members of the broader intellectual community? In the
sciences, this information appears in the discussion section of a paper.
In general, you will need to simplify your wording. Long, complex sentences are difficult for viewers to absorb and may cause them to move on to the next poster. Poster verbiage must be concise, precise, and straightforward. And it must avoid jargon. Here is an example:
Wording in a paper: This project sought to establish the ideal specifications for clinically useful wheelchair pressure mapping systems, and to use these specifications to influence the design of an innovative wheelchair pressure mapping system.
Wording on a poster:
Aims of study
Define the ideal wheelchair pressure mapping system
Design a new system to meet these specifications
Once I have decided what to include, how do I actually design my poster?
The effectiveness of your poster depends on how quickly and easily your audience can read and interpret it, so it&#39s best to make your poster visually striking. You only have a few seconds to grab attention as people wan make the most of those seconds!
In general, people expect information to flow left-to-right and top-to-bottom. Viewers are best able to absorb information from a poster with several columns that progress from left to right.
Even within these columns, however, there are certain places where viewers&#39 eyes naturally fall first and where they expect to find information.
Imagine your poster with an upside-down triangle centered from the top to the bottom. It is in this general area that people tend to look first and is often used for the title, results, and conclusions. Secondary and supporting information tend to fall to the sides, with the lower right having the more minor information such as acknowledgements (including funding), and personal contact information.
Main Focus Area
Location of research fundamentals: Title, Authors, Institution, Abstract, Results, Conclusion
Secondary Emphasis
Location of important info: Intro, Results or Findings, Summary
Supporting Area
Location of supporting info: Methods, Discussion
Final Info Area
Location of supplemental info: References, Acknowledgments
How much space should I devote to each section?
This will depend on the specifics of your project. In general, remember that how much space you devote to each idea suggests how important that section is. Make sure that you allot the most space to your most important points.
How much white space should I leave on my poster?
White space is hel it delineates different sections, leads the eye from one point to the next, and keeps the poster from being visually overwhelming. In general, leave 10&30% of your poster as white space.
Should I use graphics?
Absolutely! Visual aids are one of the most effective ways to make your poster visually striking, and they are often a great way to communicate complex information straightforwardly and succinctly. If your project deals with lots of empirical data, your best bet will be a chart, graph, or table summarizing that data and illustrating how that data confirms your hypothesis.
If you don&#39t have empirical data, you may be able to incorporate photographs, illustrations, annotations, or other items that will pique your viewers&#39 interest, communicate your motivation, demonstrate why your project is particularly interesting or unique.
Don&#39t incorporate visual aids just for the sake of having a pretty picture on your poster. The visual aids should contribute to your overall message and convey some piece of information that your viewers wouldn&#39t otherwise get just from reading your poster&#39s text.
There are a number of tricks you can use to aid readability and emphasize crucial ideas. In general:
Use a large font. Don&#39t make the text smaller in order to fit more onto the poster. Make sure that 95% of the text on your poster can be read from 4 feet away. If viewers can&#39t make out the text from a distance, they&#39re likely to walk away.
Choose a sans-serif font like Helvetica or Verdana, not a serif font, like Times New Roman. Sans-serif fonts are easier to read because they don&#39t have extraneous hooks on every letter. Here is an example of a sans-serif and a serif font:
Once you have chosen a font, be consistent in its usage. Use just one font.
Don&#39t single-space your text. Use 1.5- or double-spacing to make the text easier to read.
For main points:
Use bold, italicized, or colored fonts, or enclose text in boxes. Save this kind of emphasis for only a few key words, phrases, or sentences. Too much emphasized text makes it harder, not easier, to locate important points.
AVOID USING ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, WHICH CAN BE HARD TO READ.
Make your main points easy to find by setting them off with bullets or numbers.
When you are standing in front of your poster, you&and what you choose to say&are as important as the actual poster. Be ready to talk about your project, answer viewers&#39 questions, provide additional details about your project, and so on.
How should I prepare for my presentation?
Once your poster is finished, you should re-familiarize yourself with the larger project you&#39re presenting. Remind yourself about those details you ended up having to leave out of the poster, so that you will be able to bring them up in discussions with viewers. Then, practice, practice, practice!
Show your poster to advisors, professors, friends, and classmates before the day of the symposium to get a feel for how viewers might respond. Prepare a four- to five-minute overview of the project, where you walk these pre-viewers through the poster, drawing their attention to the most critical points and filling in interesting details as needed. Make note of the kinds of questions these pre-viewers have, and be ready to answer those questions. You might even consider making a supplemental handout that provides additional information or answers predictable questions.
How long should I let audience members look at the poster before engaging them in discussion?
Don&#39t feel as if you have to start talking to viewers the minute they stop in front of your poster. Give them a few moments to read and process the information. Once viewers have had time to acquaint themselves with your project, offer to guide them through the poster. Say something like &Hello. Thanks for stopping to view my poster. Would you like a guided tour of my project?& This kind of greeting often works better than simply asking &Do you have any questions?& because after only a few moments, viewers might not have had time to come up with questions, even though they are interested in hearing more about your project.
Should I read from my poster?
No! Make sure you are familiar enough with your poster that you can talk about it without looking at it. Use the poster as a visual aid, pointing to it when you need to draw viewers&#39 attention to a chart, photograph, or particularly interesting point.
Click on the links to the right to open a PDF of each sample poster.
Title, Authors, Departments
James R. Hermus, Timothy P. Szczykutowicz, Charles M. Strother, and Charles Mistretta
Departments of Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, and Radiology: University of Wisconsin-Madison
Stephanie L. Dinse and Catherine Cherwin
School of Nursing: University of Wisconsin-Madison
Jerad J. Simmons and Katrina T. Forest
Department of Bacteriology: University of Wisconsin-Madison欢迎来到高考学习网,
免费咨询热线:010-
今日:4530套总数:5565579套专访:3130部会员:289765位
当前位置:
& 广东省陆河外国语学校高二英语《module6 Unit 4 Global warming》教案 人教版选修6
广东省陆河外国语学校高二英语《module6 Unit 4 Global warming》教案 人教版选修6
资料类别: /
所属版本: 新人教版
上传时间:
下载次数:141次
资料类型:
文档大小:568KB
所属点数: 2点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 2 点,】
资料概述与简介
Teaching goals
1. Target language
a. 重点词汇和短语
energy, light (v.), heat (v.), renewable, non-renewable, fuel, blame, run out
b. 交际用语
Expressing agreement and disagreement
Yes, I agree with you.
Yes, I think so.
I believe that you’ve got it right.
I don’t think so.
I don’t think that’s right.
I’m afraid you are wrong.
2. Ability goals
Enable the students to talk about different sources of energy and express their own ideas.
3. Learning ability goals
Help the students learn how to give their ideas about the use of energy.
Teaching important points 教学重点
Enable the students to express agreement and disagreement.
Teaching difficult points 教学难点
Enable the students to learn how to express agreement and disagreement.
Teaching methods
Brainstorming, listening and group work.
Teaching aids
A tape recorder and a computer.
Teaching procedures & ways
教学过程与方式
Step ⅠRevision
T: Good morning, everyone.
Ss: Good morning, teacher.
T: Sit down, please. Before class, I’ll check your homework first. Mary, would you read your homework to us?
Check the students’ homework and have a discussion with the students about the mistakes Mary made. Let the students have a clear understanding about the mistakes and then correct them.
Step ⅡWarming up
T: As we all know, we depend on energy to do many things in our daily life. Some people even say we could do nothing without energy. Can you tell me what we use energy for?
Sa: Energy lights our cities.
Sb: Energy heats our buildings.
Sc: Energy entertains us. With the help of electricity, people have got a lot of fun from watching TV, playing computers and so on.
Sd: There are many other electrical appliances that make our life more convenient and comfortable such as washing machines, microwaves, air conditioners and so on.
Se: Today energy also helps people realize many so-called dreams in the past. For example, people can 揻ly?from one place to another by plane which runs on energy.
Sf: Itor’s true. In fact, not only planes but also cars, ships and trains run on energy.
T: Well done. All that you’ve just said is right. So it seems that energy plays a very important role in the modern world. Then where does all the energy come from? Open your books and turn to page 25. Look at the pictures on this page. They may help you find out the answers.
After a while.
T: Who’d like to tell us your answers?
Sg: Wind power.
Sh: Coal power.
T: Right. Is there any difference between them?
Si: Yes. Wind will never run out while coal is a limited source.
T: It’s true. As we know, an energy source is renewable when supplies of it never run out while some supplies, such as coal, will definitely run out one day. Energy of this kind is called non-renewable sources. Please think of as many sources as you can and decide which energy sources on your list are renewable and which are non-renewable.
If necessary, give some words related to the pictures which might be difficult for the students such as oil refinery, hydroelectric power and so on.
The teacher should also collect as much information about different sources of energy as possible and show it to the students in class through a computer. In this way, the students will become more interested in this topic and their knowledge on this aspect will be enlarged.
Sample answers:
Renewable Non-renewable
Wind power Coal
Solar power Natural gas and oil
Hydroelectric power Nuclear power
Step Ⅲ Listening and Discussing
T: From what we’ve just talked about, it is clear that energy does a lot of good to us. But every coin has two sides. Is there any negative effect of using energy?
Sa: Yes. People use too much energy which is resulting in an increase in carbon dioxide. That is how the global warming comes about.
Sb: And meanwhile it pollutes the environment.
T: It’s true. Many people have realized the problem. Next we’ll do some listening practice on this topic. Let’s see what other people think of this issue.
The students are asked to read the questions quickly to find out the listening points first. Then listen to the tape twice and give the correct answers.
T: Now please turn to page 31. Let’s do listening. Before you listen to the tape, please read fast the statements in Exercise 1 to find out the listening points. Pay much attention to the key points while listening.
Play the tape for the first time. Help the students get a general understanding about the dialogue. The students listen and try to finish Exercise 1. Play the tape again, train the students’ ability to spot specific information and understand the implication in the dialogue. The students listen and finish Exercise 2.
Several minutes later.
T:Have you finished the exercises?
T: OK, let’s check your answers.
Explain some difficult points if necessary.
T: Now read what Professor Chen and Li Bin say. Work in groups. Discuss who you agree with and give reasons. Use some of the phrases listed in Exercise 2 or any others you know.
Step Ⅳ Homework
1. Review the new words and expressions you learned in this class.
2. Preview Reading.
The Second Period Reading
Teaching goals 教学目标
1. Target language
a. 重点词汇和短语
compare, phenomenon, graph, fuel, trap, data, climate, catastrophe, consequence, range, per, glance, compare to, come about, fierce debate, result in, build up
b. 重点句式
There is no doubt that the earth is becoming warmer. P26
Without the慻reenhouse effect? the earth would be about thirty-three degrees Celsius cooler than it is. P26
e They also agree that it is the burning of more and more fossil fuels that has resulted in this increase in carbon dioxide. P26
2. Ability goals 能力目标
Enable the students to talk about the causes and effects of global warming.
3. Learning ability goals 学能目标
Help the students learn how to talk about the causes and effects of global warming and express ideas about what people should do about it.
Teaching important points教学重点
Help the students learn how to debate over the topic “We should do nothing about global warming.”
Enable the students to learn the writing skills of the text and get a better understanding of articles of this kind.
Teaching methods 教学方法
Listening, reading and group work.
Teaching aids 教具准备
A recorder and a computer.
Teaching procedures & ways 教学过程与方式
Step ⅠRevision
Check the homework.
Review the useful expressions about agreement and disagreement.
Show the students some pictures on the screen. The students have to give names of different energy sources relative to the pictures and deicide which energy sources are renewable and which are not. Then ask the students to tell the effects of using these energy sources.
Step Ⅱ Pre-reading
Show a picture of greenhouse on the screen.
T: Now look at the picture. What is it in the picture?
S: A greenhouse.
T: Right .Who can tell me what it is used for?
Sa: A greenhouse is made of glass and is used for growing plants, especially during cold weather.
T: Yes, you are right. And how does it work?
Sb: The air inside is warm because the glass traps the heat from the sun and keeps it from escaping. This makes the greenhouse heat up and so the plants can grow throughout the cold period.
T: Exactly. Thank you. But today we are not going to talk about greenhouse, we’ll talk about greenhouse gases. Have you heard about this before?
Sc: I know. In the atmosphere surrounding the earth there are gases, which are called “greenhouse gases”, including carbon dioxide, methane and water vapor.
T: That’s correct. Then what do you think greenhouse gases do?
Sd: Let me explain it. They trap heat from the sun and therefore warm the earth.
T: Yes. Last class we talked about the effects of burning fossil fuels. One of the effects is more and more carbon dioxide is being produced, which in turn increases the speed of global warming. Does it matter? What’re your opinions? Next we’ll read an article “THE EARTH IS BECOMING WARMER — BUT DOES IT MATTER?”
Step Ⅲ While-reading
Get the students to read the passage fast and meanwhile help the students form a good habit of reading.
T: What do you think will be talked about at the sight of the title “THE EARTH IS BECOMING WARMER — BUT DOES IT MATTER?” Now please skim the passage to obtain a general idea of the whole passage. While reading, pay attention to the writing skills and if possible, divide the whole passage into several parts and summarize the main idea for each part.
After a few minutes.
T: How many parts can this text be divided into?
T: Any different ideas? OK. Now let’s finish the form on the screen.
Show the form on the screen and let the students complete the form.
Main ideas of each part Writing techniques
Step Ⅳ Comprehending
Let the students read the passage again to find out the answers to the questions in Exercises 1 and 2.
T: Now let’s listen to the tape. While listening, pay more attention to specific information. Then read the whole passage by yourselves. Try to find out the answers to questions in Exercises 1 and 2. You may work in groups.
Step Ⅴ Debate
Get the students to debate over the statement: We should do nothing about global warming. Let them work in groups of six to prepare it.
T: Now you are going to have a debate: We should do nothing about global warming. Please follow these instructions.
Put the following instructions on the screen.
● Get into groups of six. Decide which three in your group are going to agree with the statement (Group A) and which three are going to disagree with the statement (Group B).
● Group A discuss why they agre Group B discuss why they disagree.
● Group A and B get together. Tell each other the reasons why agree or disagree with the statement.
T: We don’t have time to do it in class. Please finish it after class. Try to collect as much information as possible on the Internet and share it with the others in class. Next class I’ll get some groups to act out your debates.
Step Ⅵ Homework
1. Read the passage again and review the new words and expressions.
2. Prepare the debate in groups.
3. Preview Using Language ― WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING?
The Third Period Extensive Reading
Teaching goals 教学目标
1. Target language 目标语言
a. 重点词汇和短语
pollution, electrical, motor, can (n.), microwave, disagreement, title, make a difference, put up with, leave an electrical appliance on, so long as, and so on
b. 重点句式 P30
Together, individuals can make a difference.
It takes a lot of energy to make things from new materials…
Remember — your contribution counts.
2. Ability goals 能力目标
Get the students to realize what individuals can do about global warming.
Learn what to do in daily life to reduce the carbon dioxide content in the air.
Enable the students to know what to do in daily life to reduce the carbon dioxide content in the air.
Enable the students to learn how to make a poster.
Teaching methods 教学方法
Listening, skimming and group work.
Teaching aids 教具准备
A recorder and a computer.
StepⅠRevision
Check the students’ homework to see whether they have mastered what they learnt last class.
Check their group work — debate.
T: Have you finished your homework — prepare a debate in groups?
T: Which groups would like to come to the front and act out your debates? Choose one as your representative.
Ask a representative in each group to state their group’s opinion.
A sample debate: (A=Group A; B=Group B)
A: We think people should do something about global warming. Because it could have many negative effects on the earth. With temperature increasing, the polar ice caps eventually would melt, causing sea levels to rise by several meters. Coastal and low-lying cities would be submerged. Some scientists predict severe storms, droughts, famines, the spread of diseases and the destruction of species. Don’t you think these are terrible? So don’t hesitate to take action to reduce the carbon dioxide content in the air. Only in this way will we be able to save the earth and save ourselves.
B: We don’t think so. Some scientists’ concerns about global warming are just speculation. I want to remind everyone to pay attention to what Group A has just said. You said a lot of 揷ould?and 搘ould? which obviously indicates that you are not sure about the bad effects you just mentioned. lyinIn our opinion, global warming will be mild with few bad environmental consequences. What’s more, more carbon dioxide is actually a positive thing. It will mak cro it will make a greater range of animals, all of which will make life for humans better. So there’s no need for us to reduce the carbon dioxide.
A: It is true that no one knows exactly what the effects of global warming will be. But don’t you think it will be too late for us to take action after the bad effects come out? Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Step Ⅱ Lead-in
T: Group A did a good job and showed us the importance of reducing the amount of carbon dioxide in the air. But what shall we do in our daily life?
Sa: Save energy. For example, if we are not using the lights, the TV, the computer and so on, turn them off.
Sb: Cars use a lot of energy, so we’d better walk or ride a bike.
Sc: Buy things made from recycled materials because it takes a lot of energy to make things from new materials.
T: Right. You’ve done a good job. Next open your books and turn to page 30. Today we’ll read two letters and learn what we can do about global warming.
Step Ⅲ Listening and Reading
Get the students to read the two letters and then fill in the table on page 30.
T: Skim the letters and find who the writers are and what their purpose of writing the letters is.
Sd: The first letter is written by a student who is asking for suggestions for his project — global warming.
Se: The second letter is written by an editor of Earth Care magazine. He offers the student some suggestions on what to do about global warming.
T: Good answers. Now scan the letter and list Earth Care’s suggestions and then in groups, discuss whether you think you can carry out each suggestion. Give reasons for your answers.
Sample answers:
suggestions Can you carry it out? Reasons
If you are not using electrical appliances, turn them off. Yes Save
If you’re cold, put on more clothes instead of turning up the heat. Yes Save energy
Motor vehicles use a lot of energy, so walk or ride a bike if you can. Yes Save energy
Recycle cans, bottles, plastics and newspapers and buy things made from recycled materials. Yes Save energy
Get your parents or friends to buy products that are made to save energy. Yes Save energy
Plant more trees. Yes Plants absorb carbon dioxide from the air.
Talk with your family and friends about global warming and tell them what you’ve learned. Yes Together, individuals can make a difference.
Step Ⅳ Making a poster
Help the students learn how to make a poster. The teacher may collect some posters or pictures about the environment and show them to the students in class.
T: Now in groups of five, make a poster for your school that tells the students various ways they can reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the air. Remember the following: give your poster a large heading, use imperative sentences to list the ways we can reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the air. What’s more, try every possible way to make your poster impressive, which is the purpose of a poster. If time is limited, you can finish it after class.
Step Ⅴ Homework
Finish the poster.
The Fourth Period Language Study
Teaching goals
1. Target language
a. 重点词汇和短语
glance, widespread, decrease, steady, average, existence, outer, on the whole
b. 重点句式
It is human activity that has caused this global warming. P29
…it is the burning of more and more fossil fuels that is resulting in this increase in carbon dioxide. P26
2. Ability goals 能力目标
Learn about “it” used for emphasis.
Help the students learn how to use new words and expressions of this unit and how to use “it” for emphasis.
The structure of “It is ... that ...”.
Teach the students how to master the use of “it” for emphasis.
Teaching methods 教学方法
Explanation and practice.
Teaching aids 教具准备
A computer.
Step ⅠRevision
T: Good morning, everyone.
Ss: Good morning, sir / madam.
T: First I’ll check your homework. Have you finished the poster?
T: Well, which group would like to show us yours?
Get several groups to show their posters.
A sample poster:
What Can We Do about Carbon Dioxide?
Carbon dioxide is one of the main causes of global warming which will bring the earth catastrophe. Here are a few ways that individuals can follow to reduce its content in the air.
● Turn the electrical appliances off if you are not using them.
● Put on more clothes if you are cold instead of turning up the heat.
● Walk or ride a bike instead of using motor vehicles if you can.
● Recycle cans, bottles, pla buy things made from recycled materials.
● Buy products that are made to save energy such as fridges and microwaves.
● Plant trees in your garden or school yard.
Together, individuals make a difference. It’s time for us to do something about carbon dioxide. Talk with your friends or family about global warming. Let’s work together and care the planet we are living in.
Step Ⅱ Discovering words and expressions
T: Now please open your books and turn to page 28. Let’s do some exercises.
Step Ⅲ Discovering useful structures
T: Next let’s turn back to page 29. We’ll learn a useful structure. Now compare these two sentences below.
Show the following two sentences on the screen.
Human activity has caused this global warming.
It is human activity that has caused this global warming.
T: Who can translate them into Chinese?
Sa: I think they are the same. They both mean“人类行为引发了全球变暖”.
Sb: I don’t think so. They are a little bit different. The latter one should be “引发全球变暖的正是人类行为”. In the second sentence, “human activity” is emphasized.
T: Quite right. This is the structure we are going to learn today.
Present the structure on the screen and give some explanation.
由it 引导的强调句结构:
It is (was) + 被强调部分 + that (who) + 句子其他部分
注意:此结构强调的成分仅限于主语,宾语和状语。
原句:My father did the experiment in the lab yesterday evening.
强调主语: It was my father who did the experiment in the lab yesterday evening.
强调宾语: It was the experiment that my father did in the lab yesterday evening.
强调时间: It was yesterday evening that my father did the experiment in the lab.
强调地点: It was in the lab that my father did the experiment yesterday evening.
It was in that city that we met for the first time.   
It was not until he told me that I knew the truth.
典型例题分析:
1)It was last night _______ I saw the film Star Wars.
A. who B. when C. that D. which
答案C. 强调句的结构是: It + be + 强调部分
+ that (who) + 主谓句。强调句的连词只有两个,that和who。当强调的部分是人,且为句子的主语时,才用who,其余用that。
2)It is ten years _______ Miss Green returned to Canada.
A. that B. when C. since D. as
答案C. 考点是连词用法。 本题易误选为A.
其实本句不是强调句。若是,去掉It be ... that还应是一个完整的句子。而本句去掉‘It is ...that’,只剩下ten years Miss Green returned to Canada不成句。因此本句不是强调句。 It is + 时间 + since ..., 其中is = has been.
T: In the article there are two sentences in which “it” is used for emphasis. Can you find them?
Sc: Yes. One is “It was a scientist called Charles Keeling who made accurate measurements of the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere from 1957 to 1997.” The other is “It is the burning of more and more fossil fuels that is resulting in this increase in carbon dioxide.”
T: Good. Next let’s do some practice about this structure. Turn to page 29, Exercise 2. Please rewrite each sentence with 揑t is ... that ...?to give more emphasis to the underlined part.
urSample answers:
1. It is greenhouse gases that have warmed the earth by trapping heat energy in the atmosphere.
2. It is the greenhouse effect that gives the earth’s surface the average temperature of 15℃.
3. It is fossil fuels that much of the energy used to light and heat our homes comes from.
4. It is the United States of America that the biggest producer of greenhouse gases is.
5. It is for centuries that carbon dioxide stays in the atmosphere while other greenhouse gases stay in the atmosphere only for a day or less.
6. It is their very existence that low-lying countries feel is in danger from rising sea levels.
7. It is human activities that many scientists believe that have caused the earth’s temperature to rise.
8. It is future climate changes and their effects on our environment that scientists want to find out about.
9. It is by several meters that the level of the sea could rise because of global warming in the years ahead.
10. It is outer space that might provide us with new energy sources in the future.
Step IV Using structures
Get the students to do more exercises about the use of “it” for emphasis.
T: Please turn to page 64. Read the instructions of the two exercises and then finish them.
Sample answers to Exercise 2:
(1) It was four Australian children who started it in 1996 when they organized the first children’s environmental conference.
(2) It is at this conference that we decide which projects we want to work on in the following year.
(3) It was through one of these projects about five years ago that I first became involved in Millennium Kids.
Step Ⅵ Homework
Make four sentences with “it” for emphasis.
The Fifth Period Drills
Teaching goals
1. Target language 目标语言
a. 重点词汇和短语
environmental problem, plastic bags, reuse, litter, rubbish items, Clean Up Day, bring up
b. 重点句式 P63
I’m sorry to bring this up, but...
I’m sorry to have to say this, but...
They shouldn’t have done it.
They are to blame.
Why don’t you do something about it?
Perhaps they should / ought to do...
2. Ability goals 能力目标
Enable the students to talk about some environmental problems and Clean Up Day.
Help the students learn how to express their own ideas about some environmental problems.
Enable the students to talk about some environmental problems.
Enable the students to talk about some environmental problems.
Teaching methods 教学方法
Listening, speaking and group work.
Teaching aids 教具准备
A recorder, a computer and a projector.
Teaching procedures & ways
教学过程与方式
Step Ⅰ Revision
Check the homework to see whether the students have mastered the use of “it” for emphasis.
T: Last class we learned about “it” used for emphasis. Do you remember the structure?
Ss: Yes. The structure is: It is (was) ... + that (who) +...
T: Now, who would like to read the sentences you have written as homework.
Sample sentences:
It was James who broke the window.
It was the little ants that destroyed the whole building.
It is her grandma who brings her up all these years.
It was the hope in his heart that enabled him to escape from the prison.
Step Ⅱ Listening
Get the students to prepare for the listening by asking some questions.
T: In this unit we have talked much about global warming, which obviously causes great concern all over the world. Many organizations have been set up to protect the environment, one of which is Millennium Kids. Have you ever heard about it?
T: Would you like to know something about it?
T: OK. We’ll listen to a dialogue about it. Please open your workbooks and turn to page 62. Please read the instructions and questions fast to find out the listening points first. Pay much attention to the key points while listening.
Play the tape for the first time. Help the students get a general understanding about the dialogue. The students listen and try to answer questions in Exercise 2. Play the tape again, train the students’ ability to pick out specific information. The students listen and fill in the information sheet in Exercise 3. Play the tape for a third time and let the students check their answers by themselves.
T: Have you finished the questions?
T: OK, let’s check the answers together.
Step Ⅲ Talking
T: From what we’ve just listened to, we can see global warming is only one of the environmental problems. There are many other problems. Can you give me some examples?
Sa: Air pollution and water pollution.
Sb: Deforestation.
T: You are right. Many environmental problems endanger the world we are living in.
The teacher may as well collect some pictures about environmental problems and show them to the students through a computer. One of the pictures should be about plastic bags.
T: What can you see in the picture?
Ss: We can see lots of plastic bags and a beach seriously polluted by plastic bags.
T: What do you think plastic bags do to the environment?
Sd: I think they pollute the environment and they are a big environmental problem.
T: Do you agree with him?
Se: Yes. I don’t like using plastic bags because they are bad for our health. I also heard that plastic bags can not be reused and therefore it is a great waste to use them.
T: It’s true that plastic bags do great harm to the environment. It’s time that we did something about this big environmental problem. Now work in small groups, discuss the questions in TALKING on page 63. The expressions below the questions may help you.
Ask some groups to show their work.
A sample discussion:
Sa: Plastic bags can be seen everywhere. Some people always leave litter everywhere including plastic bags.
Sb: Yes. They shouldn’t have done it. Sometimes we even find plastic bags hanging on trees. They spoil the beauty of the cities.
Sc: Apart from the facts that you mentioned, plastic bags are doing great harm to the environment.
Sa: What do you mean? Is it a very big environmental problem?
Sb: Can you explain why?
Sc: First, plastic bags are made from non-renewable resources.
Sa: Does it mean those resources are lost to us if they are not recycled?
Sc: Exactly. Second, plastic bags pollute the soil because they can hardly break down.
Sb: It sounds terrible!
Sc: The bad effects are more than that. Plastic bags kill seabirds, sea mammals and countless fish each year world wide.
Sb: But how does this come about?
Sc: Plastic bags float easily in air and water and travel long distances. What’s worse, when the animals die and break down, the plastic bag can become free again to kill another animal.
Sa: It’s time for people to do something about this problem.
Sb: Yes. But how? We have to face the fact that 2 billion plastic bags are used every day in China. It’s impossible to stop it in one day!
Sc: Yes. But people can use fewer and reuse them.
Sa: So let’s do it right now. And we should let more and more people know it.
Sb: Right. Hope everyone can do something to it. Together, individuals can make a big difference.
Step Ⅳ Listening task and Speaking task
T: Though there are many serious environmental problems, fortunately most countries realize these problems and they are taking steps to save the earth. Clean Up Australia Day is a good example. Next we’ll listen to Tom’s talk about it.
Play the tape for the first time. Help the students get a general understanding about the talk. Play the tape again, let the students pay attention to the dates Tom mentioned and what happened on these dates. While listening, ask the students to make some notes in the table on page 65. Play the tape for the third time, let them have a check.
T: OK, let’s check the answers to Exercise 1.
Ask the students to read the top 9 rubbish litter Tom mentioned in his talk and let them talk about litter at their school or communities.
T: Like Australia, China also has a Clean Up Day. Do you know something about it?
T: OK. It doesn’t matter. After class, collect some information about Clean Up China Day. You are asked to plan a talk about it. Work in groups of three, follow the steps in the bottom on page 65 to prepare the talk. That is your homework for today.
Step Ⅴ Homework
Prepare a talk about Clean Up China Day.
The Sixth Period Writing
Teaching goals
1. Target language
a. 重点词汇和短语
litter, butt, pollute, endanger, solution, add up to, break down
b. 重点句式 P66
Apart from the fact that butts spoil the beauty of the environment, they contain some very toxic chemicals.
It is up to people not to let plastic bags become litter.
The earth would be a better place because it would be less polluted.
2. Ability goals 能力目标
Enable the students to write an essay on one of the environmental problems.
Enable the students to learn how to write an essay.
The structure of an essay.
Enable the students to learn how to support their points of view.
Teaching methods 教学方法
Task-based method.
Teaching aids 教具准备
A computer and a projector.
Step Ⅰ Revision and Lead-in
Check the homework. Ask two groups to present their talk to the class.
T: In the last period, we talked about plastic bags. What do you think of plastic bags?
S: Plastic bags are widely used all over our country. Many people use them to carry food or other things. But I think they are annoying and they seriously pollute our environment.
T: You are right. Plastic bags are also known as white pollution. They endanger our environment and people’s health. Now, let’s read an article and find how they endanger the environment. I hope after reading the article, all of you can realize the harm of using plastic bags and use fewer of them.
Step ⅡReading
T: Open your workbooks and turn to page 66. Read Tom’s essay about litter. Make a summary for each paragraph, and then fill in the table on page 67. You don’t have to write down complete sentences, notes will be OK. Pay attention to the writing skills while reading.
Sample answers:
Paragraph 1 Point of view Two of the most common and dangerous litter: cigarette butts and plastic bags.
Paragraph 2 First p Evidence Cigarette butts are small but bad for the environment: over 1,600 billion cigarettes are smoked each year and large quantities of b Butts con Decrease
Endanger plants and animals
Paragraph 3 Second p Evidence Plastic bags litter is a danger to the environment: Waste of non- Last from 20 to 1,000 year Kill up to one million seabirds, 100,000 sea mammals and countless fish every year
Paragraph 4 Point of view The best solution would be not to smoke or use plastic bags at all.
T: This article is an essay. Essay is a short literary composition on a single subject, usually presenting the personal view of the author. After reading the article, can you summarize the writing characteristics of the essay?
S: Let me try. In the first paragraph, the author presents his point of view on butts and bags. And in the next two paragraphs, he separately presents his views on butts and bags and provides evidences to support his views. In the last paragraph, he states his views again and calls up people to do something to our planet.
Step Ⅲ Pre-writing
T: After reading this essay, I’d like you to write an essay on your own. I will give you some tips on how to write an essay.
Show the tips on the screen.
Writing tips:
Step 1: Write out the thesis statement.
(point of view)
Step 2: Write out the topic sentence of the first body paragraph.
Step 3: Give the supporting points and details about the first subtopic.
Step 4: Write out the topic sentence of the second body paragraph.
Step 5: Give the supporting points and details about the second subtopic.
(more body paragraphs ... )
The last step: State again the thesis statement.
(point of view)
Step Ⅳ Writing
Ask the students to list as many environment topics as possible. Choose one topic and write an essay about it.
T: Now think of the environmental problems that concern people most. I will divide you into two groups. Each group tries to give as many environment topics as possible. Let’s see which groups get more topics.
Ask the students to speak out the topics and collect them on the screen or blackboard.
A sample list of environment topics:
air pollution, noise, soil erosion, water pollution, litter classification, desertification, make green by planting trees
T: Now choose a topic from the list that you feel strongly about. Make notes on your topic using headings similar to those in the table above. Use Tom’s essay as a model to write your own.
A sample version:
The Environmental Effects of Fossil Fuels
There is no doubt that fossil fuels bring a lot of good to us. But do you know that many of the environmental problems our country faces today result from our fossil fuel dependence.
The environment faces air pollution, global warming, acid rain, and several other very serious problems because of our use of fossil fuels. Over the last 150 years, burning of fossil fuels has resulted in more than 25 percent increase in carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. Carbon dioxide is one of the main factors in global warming which is negatively affecting everyone.
Fossil fuels also affect water pollution, land pollution, and thermal pollution(heat pollution). Coal mining is one of the causes of pollution in the environment. After the mining is completed, the land will remain barren. Materials other than coal are also brought to the surface in the coal mining process, and these are left as solid wastes.
The production, transportation, and use of fossil fuels are to blame for the effects of pollution on the environment. Then what should we do? We should spare no effort to improve our environment. Please save energy and use fewer fossil fuels in our daily lives.
Step Ⅴ Homework
1. Finish the essay.
2. Review the whole unit by doing SUMMING UP on page 32 and CHECK YOURSELF on page 68.
相关背景资料
Global warming may be twice as bad as feared
The impact of global warming could be twice as severe as the worst scenario feared by United Nations scientists, the world’s largest climate-modelling experiment has shown.
Average temperatures could rise by 11℃ (20) to reach highs that would change the face of the globe, researchers who have run 60,000 computer simulations of climate change said yesterday.
The conclusions suggest that forecasts by the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) may be much too conservative. In the worst case, the world would eventually heat up by almost double the maximum increase envisaged by the panel. The IPCC’s latest report predicted that temperatures will rise by between 1.4℃ (2.5) and 5.8℃ (10.4) by 2100.
A world 11℃ warmer than it is today would be unrecognisable: while records show that the planet has been hotter than it is today for about 80 per cent of its history, there is no evidence that it has ever been more than about 7℃ warmer.
Although it would take hundreds of years for the full effects to be felt, the polar ice caps eventually would melt completely, causing sea levels to rise by 70m to 100m (230ft to 330ft). Coastal and low-lying cities such as London and New York would be submerged.
As the 11℃ figure is a global average, temperatures would be expected to climb even further in some regions.
David Stainforth, of the University of Oxford, the study’s chief scientist, said: “When I start to look at these figures, I get very worried about them. An 11-degree warmed world would be a dramatically different world.”
Global warming
According to the National Academy of Sciences, the Earth’s surface temperature has risen by about 1 degree Fahrenheit in the past century, with accelerated warming during the past two decades. There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities.
Human activities have altered the chemical composition of the atmosphere through the buildup of greenhouse gases — primarily carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide. The heat-trapping property of these gases is undisputed although uncertainties exist about exactly how earth’s climate responds to them.
Energy from the sun drives the earth’s weather and climate, and heats the earth’ in turn, the earth radiates energy back into space. Atmospheric greenhouse gases, such as water vapor, carbon dioxide, trap some of the outgoing energy, retaining heat somewhat like the glass panels of a greenhouse.
Without this natural “greenhouse effect”, temperatures would be much lower than they are now, and life as known today would not be possible. Instead, thanks to greenhouse gases, the earth’s average temperature is a more hospitable 60°F.
However, problems may arise when the atmospheric concentration of greenhouse gases increases. Once, all climate changes occurred naturally. However, during the Industrial Revolution, we began altering our climate and environment through changing agricultural and industrial practices.
Before the Industrial Revolution, human activity released very few gases into the atmosphere, but now through population growth, fossil fuel burning, and deforestation, we are affecting the mixture of gases in the atmosphere.
Carbon dioxide is released to the atmosphere when solid waste, fossil fuels and wood products are burned. Methane is emitted during the production and transport of coal, natural gas, and oil. Methane emissions also result from the decomposition of organic wastes in municipal solid waste landfills, and the raising of livestock. Nitrous oxide is emitted during agricultural and industrial activities, as well as during combustion of solid waste and fossil fuels.
Rising global temperatures are expected to raise sea level, and change precipitation and other local climate conditions. Changing regional climate could alter forests, crop yields, and water supplies. It could also affect human health, animals, and many types of ecosystems and deserts may expand into existing rangelands. Unless we act now, our children will inherit a hotter world, dirtier air and water, more severe floods and droughts, and more wildfires.
But solutions are in sight. We know where most heat-trapping gases come from: power plants and vehicles. And we know how to curb their emissions: modern technologies and stronger laws. By shifting the perception of global warming from abstract threat to pressing reality, and promoting online activism. By pressing businesses to use less energy and build more efficient products. And by fighting for laws that will speed these advances.
What is Clean Up Australia Day
Every year hundreds of Australians help clean up their local environment on Clean Up Australia Day.
It’s easy, fun and everyone can take part.
Individuals, local groups and schools can either organise a Clean Up site, or volunteer to join an existing site.
So why not do your bit for the environment and get involved next year?
Clean Up Australia Day in 2005
Across the country over 670,000 volunteers removed more than 8,450 tonnes of rubbish from our beaches, parks, streets, bush land and waterways as part of Clean Up Australia Day, the nation’s largest community based environmental event.
Families, friends, neighbours, businesses and community groups spent the equivalent of 62,163 days, at over 7,000 sites, removing rubbish ranging from car bodies and electronic waste to thousands of chip packets, drink bottles, plastic bags and cigarette butts.
Speaking from the Clean Up Australia Day site in Taren Point, Sydney, Ian Kiernan AO, Chairman && Founder of Clean Up Australia, praised volunteers and site organisers around the country.
“Taren Point captures perfectly the real long term benefits of Clean Up Australia Day and reinforces that Clean Up is more than just one day.
Volunteers at Taren Point have begun to transform a rubbish dump, polluting the delicate salt marshes, back into a natural recreational area for us all to enjoy,” Mr Kiernan said.
“Congratulations to the thousands of volunteers who spent their time removing packaging waste and illegally dumped items from the environment today.
Their actions show government and industry that Australians do care about the environment.” he continued.
At this stage, the country’s most polluted sites appear to be roadways followed by parks, waterfronts and coastal areas.
Some of the amazing accomplishments of volunteers during this year’s campaign include the clean up of 1,545 roadsides, 738 parks and 1,387 waterways and coastal areas.
Weird and interesting items collected around the country today include an unopened slab of beer and a bottle of whiskey, two headless garden statues, a bride’s veil, an electric guitar, a plastic monkey and a chair up a tree.
The most common rubbish items found were plastic and glass bottles, chip and confectionary packets, plastic bags and cigarette butts.
“Sadly these rubbish items continue to end up in the environment when plastic containers should be recycled, cigarette butts should be binned and we should all being saying no to plastic bags,” Mr Kiernan said.
“It is estimated that only 20% of plastic packaging is recycled, this is far below paper recycling at 80%.
This is not good enough and I urge government and industry to take action immediately by setting strong targets for the National Packaging Covenant and investing more resources to address this issue,” he continued.
The Clean Up Australia Day campaign is one time during the year when Australians get physical about cleaning up the environment. It also provides the platform to implement positive environmental practices every day of the year.
Australians can continue to clean up by supporting Clean Up Australia’s Say No to Plastic Bags and Personal Ashtray campaigns, the Mobile Phone Recycling program and by making use of the new computer and electronics recycling initiative recently established by Collex, Major Sponsor of Clean Up Australia Day.
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
高考学习网:
高考学习网:
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2015 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved. 京ICP证100390号}

我要回帖

更多关于 poster girl 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信