life is just momenta moment ! we should cherish it !

&小题1:C小题2:C小题3:A小题4:B小题5:A&试题分析:小题1:C 细节题。根据第三段1,2行And that’s only natural. Most of us have been taught from a young age that mistakes are bad, and we should try to avoid mistakes.说明C正确。小题2:C 推理题。根据第四段mistakes should be cherished and celebrated for being one of the most amazing things in the world. They ma they make growth and improvement possible.说明错误是我们学习的好机会,我们要好好珍惜,故C正确。小题3:A 推理题。根据Mistakes make walking possible for the smallest toddler, make speech possible, and make works of genius possible.说明错误可以让最好的toddler,步行成为可能,故该词指学习走路的孩子,故A正确。小题4:B 推理题。根据文章最后一段So if you value learning,if you value growing and improving,then you should value mistakes.是,错误可以让我们成长,让我们提高。故B正确。小题5:A主旨大意题。本文主要是告诉我们错误的价值,错误可以让我们从中学到很多的东西,可以让我们成长,让我们进步。故A正确。点评:本文主要是告诉我们错误的价值,错误可以让我们从中学到很多的东西,可以让我们成长,让我们进步。本文考查较为全面,需要考生结合上下文提供的语境和信息进行简单的概括和判断。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Not long ago the movie 2012 came into screen. The people were threatened by those scenes of destroying flood, severe earthquake, terrifying hurricane and constructions representing human civilization being destroyed and even swallowed by disaster.& Luckily, they are just the director' s imagination, but the present situation is not heading a positive direction, either. Take my own experience in Alaska as an example. Once I took a trip to the glacier. Along the way there stood signposts marking the snow lines of different years.& They started from the foot of the mountain, but it was at the top when I finally saw melting glaciers(融化的冰川). My heart ached seeing the beautiful blue ice melting at every second. Sad but true, they are the effects of global warming and the result of our human impact. Furthermore, each year the rising sea level will kill 56 million people, and that’s about the population of the entire Italy. According to studies, if the temperature keeps on rising like this, by the year 2050, some islands and coastal cities including New York, Shanghai, Tokyo and Sydney will be drowned in water. Our fortune is in our own hands. It depends on us to shape our future, to reduce future human impact and find ways to form a peaceful relationship with our environment. Therefore, it's time for actions to be taken right now. Contribute a little to energy saving by using more efficient light bulbs and less hot water. Let recycle become our habit by thinking twice before throwing something away. Let us take public transportation as our first choice when going to a certain place. It might cost more time for now, but it' s to the benefit of a permanent future. Take care of every tree and grass around us by watering them or simply just avoid destroying them. In a word, small drops of water make a big ocean. The earth does not belong to us. On the contrary, we belong to the earth. Please bear in mind that the earth is our home. It is our responsibility to build a brighter and better future of our planet and prevent what happened in the movie 2012 from becoming reality. 小题1: Why does the author talk about the movie 2012 in the passage ?A.To give example.B.To lead into the topic. C.To make prediction.D.To provide the evidence.小题2:How did the author feel when he took a trip to the glacier?A.Worried.B.Puzzled.C.Scared.D.Bored.小题3:It can be inferred from the third paragraph that________& .A.56 million people in Italy have been killed owing to the rising sea levelB.Some islands and coastal cities will be drowned in water by the year of 2050C.Human being will be in danger if we don't take actions to prevent the global warmingD.It is certain that what happened in the movie 2012 will come into reality小题4:According to the passage, you are advised to ________.A.drive our own private cars instead of taking buses to some placeB.recycle everything that is usedC.go to see the movie 2012 at onceD.work together to take good care of our planet小题5: What does the author mean by saying "small drops of water make a big ocean"?A.Think twice before taking action. B.It's our duty to protect the ocean. C.Everyone together can make a difference.D.It's important to save every drop of water.
Every time you go shopping, the vegetables and fruit look so tempting that you wish you could buy all of them. Some people are lucky and can grow the fruit and vegetables in the gardens that they have. While getting fresh vegetables, they can also achieve great cost cutting.Mushrooms are expensive and can also go bad very quickly. Mushrooms can also be grown easily in a dark environment. In fact it’s better than growing other vegetables since you really don’t need an outdoor space. A special type of soil that is good for growing mushrooms is easily available.Actually mushrooms aren’ they are fungi(菌类) and for this reason, you don’t even require sunlight to grow them. Well how does one go about growing mushrooms? You could always Google “growing mushrooms” and you will find a number of mushroom growing kits(工具) available online that area effective and not very expensive either.Mushrooms can be added to any dish that you cook. Simply use them in pizzas, salads and anything that you pretty much fancy. Grow mushrooms in your own house and use them whenever you want. Fresh mushrooms are tastier than the ones that are stored in your refrigerator.If you have had a really good crop of mushrooms, then you can even store them. Ideally you should use the white variety of the mushrooms. Simply pick them, slice them and put them on a cookie sheet in a freezer. When they area frozen, just put them in a zip lock and you can use them when you want to. They give a really great taste to the dish that you are making. Thaw them before you use them.You should try growing mushrooms, since it’s cost-effective. Furthermore, you can eat the fresh mushrooms any time that you want.小题1: What is an advantage of growing vegetables according to the passage?A.You can eat all kinds of vegetablesB.You are lucky to eat what you likeC.You can save lots of moneyD.You can satisfy your desire小题2: Mushrooms are different from other vegetables in that &&&&&.A.they can be grown where there is no lightB.they can grow well in an outdoor spaceC.it is easy for them to go bad in a few days D.they can grow without soil小题3: The third paragraph is mainly to tell us that &&&&&&&&&.A.mushrooms are not vegetablesB.Internet helps us a lotC.mushrooms are available onlineD.it is easy to grow mushrooms小题4:Which of the following is the right order of storing mushrooms?a. put them on a cookie sheet in the refrigeratorb. place frozen mushrooms in a zip lockc. cut them into slicesd. choose the white mushroomsA.a-b-c-dB.d-c-a-bC.a-d-c-bD.d-a-c-b小题5: What would be the best title for this passage?A.It is easy and fun to grow mushroomsB.We should eat more fruit and vegetablesC.Mushrooms online are very expensiveD.Mushrooms—tasty and healthy vegetables
The clock struck eleven at night. The whole house was quiet. Everyone was in bed except me. Under the strong light, I looked sadly before a huge pile of troublesome things they call “books”.I was going to have my examination the next day. “When can I go to bed?” I asked myself. I didn’t answer, in fact I dared not.The clock struck 12. “Oh, dear!” I cried, “ten more books to read before I can go to bed!” We pupils are the most wretched(可怜的) creatures in the world. Dad does not agree with me on this. He did not have to work so hard when he was a boy.The clock struck one. I was quite hopeless now. I forgot all I had learnt. I was too tired to go on. I did the only thing I could. I prayed, “Oh, God, Please help me pass the exam tomorrow. I do promise to work hard afterwards, Amen.” My eyes were heavy, so heavy that I could hardly open them. A few minutes later, with my head on the desk, I fell asleep.小题1:When the author was going over his lessons, all the others in the house were_____ .A.asleepB.working C.outsideD.watching TV小题2:Reviewing his lessons didn’t help him at all because ____________.A.he thought it was useless doing this at nightB.his parents were not able to help himC.his eyes were so heavy that he couldn’t keep them openD.he hadn’t studied hard before the examination小题3: What do you suppose happened to the author later?A.He went to a church to pray againB.He passed the exam by luckC.He failed in the examD.He was punished by his teacher
In modern society, receiving systematic college education seems a necessary way for success as a graduate from first-class university may always get more opportunities than others. However, if it is gold, it will shine one day. In this article, we will get to know three most successful people in U.S. who never finished their college education. Following experiences of these successful dropouts may give you some inspiration.1. Bill GatesHarvard’s campus paper “Harvard Crimson” called Bill Gates “Harvard’s most successful dropout,” while the rest of the world preferred to name him “the world’s richest man” for more than a decade. Now, even not on the top, he is still among the list of the world’s wealthiest people.Gates entered Harvard in the fall of 1973. Two years later, he dropped out to found Microsoft with friend Paul Allen. And in 2007, he finally received an honorary doctorate from Harvard.2. Steve JobsThe iPad, even Buzz Lightyear probably wouldn’t have existed if Steve Jobs stayed in school. Because his family couldn’t afford his college education, Jobs had to drop out of Reed College just after entering for 6 months. Then he found Apple, NeXT Computer and Pixar, which had made great influences on development of modern technique and culture. However, this wizard thought that his brief college education was not worthless.3. Frank Lloyd WrightAs the America’s most celebrated architect, Wright spent more time on designing colleges rather than attending classes in them. Once spent one year in the University of Wisconsin-Madison, then he left for Chicago and started to learn from Louis Sullivan, the “father of modernism." Wright’ s splendid resume included more than 500 works, most famous of which are Fallingwater and New York City's Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum.小题1: What does“dropouts”in Paragraph One mean?A.Hardworking students.B.Very successful students.C.Students failing to finish their school education.D.Students from poor families.小题2:Which of the following is right according to Paragraph One?A.People graduating from famous universities are more likely to get jobs.B.Many successful people had the experience of giving up their school education.C.If one has a lot of gold, he will become very rich one day.D.We should stop our college education to follow in those successful people’s steps.小题3:According to the writer, Bill Gates _________.A.is richer than any other man in the worldB.is well-known in Harvard UniversityC.finally finished his study at Harvard and got a doctorate degreeD.is the only founder of Microsoft小题4:Which of the following statements can’t be learned from the last two paragraphs?A.The reason for Jobs’ dropping his college education is that his parents couldn’t pay for it.B.Jobs thought his six-month college education gave him no help.C.Wright’s teacher was a very famous artist.D.Wright is the designer of New York City’s Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum.小题5: What does the author want to tell us in this passage?A.Successful people often have unordinary life experience.B.College education is not so important to one’s success.C.People from poor families are more likely to give up their college education.D.Even without college education, one can still achieve success with one’s hard work.
2010 was the year the Earth struck back. Earthquakes, heat waves, floods, volcanoes, super typhoons, blizzards (暴风雪), landslides and droughts killed at least a quarter million people in 2010 – the deadliest year in more than a generation. More people were killed worldwide by natural disasters this year than have been killed in terrorism attacks in the past 40 years combined.“It just seemed like it was back-to-back(接二连三) and it came in waves,” said Craig Fugate, who heads the US Federal Emergency Management Agency. It handled a record number of disasters in 2010.“The term “100-year event’ really lost its meaning this year.”And we have ourselves to blame most of the time, scientists and disaster experts say.Even though many disasters have the ring of random chance, the hand of man made this a particularly deadly, costly, extreme and strange year for everything from wild weather to earthquakes.Poor construction and development practices make earthquakes more deadly than they need be. More people live in poverty in vulnerable buildings(危房) in crowded cities. That means that when the ground shakes, the river floods, or the tropical cyclone hits, more people die.Disasters from the Earth, such as earthquakes and volcanoes “are pretty much constant,” said Andreas Schraft, vice president of catastrophic perils for the Geneva-based insurance giant Swiss Re. “All the change that’s made is man-made.”The January earthquake that killed well more than 220,000 people in Haiti is a perfect example. Port-au-Prince has nearly three times as many people – many of them living in poverty- and more poorly built shanties(棚户区) ,than it did 25 years ago. So had the same quake hit in 1985 instead of 2010; total deaths would have probably been in the 80,000 range, said Richard Olson, director of disaster risk reduction at Florida International University.Climate scientists say Earth’s climate also is changing thanks to man-made global warming, bringing extreme weather, such as heat waves and flooding.The excessive(过多的) amount of extreme weather that dominated 2010 is a classic sign of man-made global warming that climate scientists have long warned about. They calculate that the killer Russian heat wave – setting a national record of 111 degrees – would happen once every 100,000 years without global warming.Data show that 18 countries broke their records for the hottest day ever.“The Earth strikes back in response to bad human decision-making,” said Debarati Guha Sapir.” “It’s almost as if the policies, the government policies and development policies, are helping the Earth strike back instead of protecting from it. We’ve created conditions where the slightest thing the Earth does is really going to have a surprising impact.” White House science adviser John Holdren said we should get used to climate disasters or do something about global warming. “The science is clear that we can expect more and more of these kinds of damaging events unless and until society has sharply reduced the amount of heat-trapping gases and particles(颗粒).”小题1:From paragraph 1 to paragraph 3, we learn &&___________________________.A.what natural disasters mean to the people all over the worldB.how terrorism attacks struck in the past four decadesC.how the Earth struck back in 2010D.why the world saw so many disasters in 2010小题2:The author gives the example of the big earthquake in Haiti to show that &&&&___________ .A.poor construction largely accounts for more deaths than expectedB.man’s behaviours are to blame for the constant occurrence of natural disastersC.the extreme weather mainly contributes to the disaster of the quakeD.the country’s poverty and over- crowdedness results in the disaster小题3: Which of the following would Debarati Guha Sapir most probably agree with?A.Environment protection should be taken into account in policy-making.B.Natural disasters are causing increase.C.The earth wouldn’t strike back but for the destruction by man.D.Conditions should be created to rid the influence of disasters.小题4: According to John Holdren, the best way to cut back on the number of natural disasters is &&&__________________ .A.to forecast the happening of natural disasters accuratelyB.to build stronger houses that can stand severe earthquakes and floodsC.to make better decisions and policies of city developmentD.to send out much fewer greenhouse gases and particles小题5:What is the real concern of the writer of this article?A.The major causes of natural disasters.B.The human unawareness of environment protection.C.The harmonious relationship between humans and nature.D.The serious results of global warming and earthquakes.
There is a wonderful story about a young girl who had no family and no one to love her. One day,feeling very sad and lonely, she was walking through a grassland when she noticed a small butterfly caught in a thorn (荆棘) bush. The young girl carefully released the Butterfly. Instead of flying away, the little butterfly changed into a beautiful fairy. The young girl rubbed(擦) her eyes in disbelief.“For your wonderful kindness,” the good fairy said to the girl,“I will give you any wish you would like.” The little girl thought for a moment and then replied,“I want to be happy.”The fairy &whispered(耳语) in her ear. Then the fairy disappeared. As the little girl grew up, there was no one in the land as happy as she. Everyone asked her secret of happiness .She would only smile and answer,“The secret of my happiness is that I listened to a good fairy when I was a little girl.” When she was very old and on her deathbed ,the neighbors gathered around her,they said to her “Tell us, please,” they begged,“Tell us what the good fairy said.” The lovely old woman simply smiled and said,“She told me that everyone, no matter how secure they seemed, no matter how old or young,how rich or poor, had need of me.”小题1:______ the girl felt sad and lonely.A.There was nobody to love her so B.There were many friendsC.There was nothing to doD.Seeing the butterfly was caught小题2: Noticing the butterfly was caught by the thorn,the orphan girl ______.A.failed to help it release from the thornB.felt sorrow,but she didn’t go up to help itC.fell down on it tooD.helped the butterfly escaped from the thorn小题3: The butterfly ______ after it was saved by the little girl.A.flied awayB.changed into a fairyC.still diedD.was more beautiful than before小题4:The only thing that the little girl wanted was________.A.to be richB.to have her own parentsC.to have a lot of friendsD.happiness
It is reasonable to say that every teenager can be affected by peer pressure (从众心理) at some point. Every day, in any high school, peer pressure has a major influence over the behavior of teenagers. It can be as subtle (微妙的) as being persuaded to be late for class or as extreme as a dangerous drug. Whether subtle or extreme, peer pressure can have damaging, sometimes life changing, and even serious results.“Teens don’t often consider the long-term results that some behavior can cause,” said Terri Price, a researcher. “Peer pressure can be very difficult to handle for many teens because of their fears of not fitting in”. Peer pressure has always been part of teen life, but teens experience it differently than their former generations did in the past. Sources of peer pressure have increased because of the Internet and other electronic communications.Recognizing peer pressure can be as simple as noticing that you have been asked to do something that you are not comfortable with. “Listen to your instinct (直觉) , which is a sign for whether something is right or wrong. If it feels wrong, then most likely it is. ”says Price.Teens are in a time of life when they are still discovering who they are. Many teens are influenced by peer pressure because of their insecurities (不安全感). This can make them helpless especially when their self-control is weak or they lack healthy support, causing them to take risky behavior or turn to unhealthy support.Dealing with peer pressure is a topic of concern for teens. People can say, “Just say no,” but the truth is that the statement is easier said than done.小题1:The underlined word “it” in Paragraph 2 refers to &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.A.the InternetB.teen lifeC.peer pressureD.the fear of not fitting in小题2:You can know whether a teen suffers peer pressure by watching&&&&&&&&&&&&.A.whether he often surfs the InternetB.whether he can get securityC.whether it is subtle or extremeD.whether he feels comfortable with it小题3:Why are teens easily influenced by peer pressure?A.Because they don’t have the feeling of safety.B.Because they are afraid of fitting in or being accepted.C.Because they need support for their health.D.Because they have nobody to turn to when in trouble.小题4:According to the passage, we can know that dealing with peer pressure is&&&&&&&&A.easy B.hard C.a new topicD.an impossible task
My friend Karen and I were always together. Karen was only a few months older than I. I always thought she was so beautiful, with long hair and blue eyes. I loved Karen so much because she liked me for being the way I was. I could be myself and share my secrets with her and I never felt like I was being judged.We had so much fun and were really quite silly. One time I asked my mom to make us the same dresses so we could pretend we were twins.We continued as best friends throughout grade school. One day, Karen was going to another friend’s place and asked me to come along, but I couldn’t go because I had a babysitting job that afternoon. We walked together to the Becker’s home where I was to babysit and then she continued on her way without me. We had agreed that I would meet her at the corner when she returned and I finished my job.At four o’clock I rushed to the corner so I wouldn’t be late for meeting Karen. Just as I arrived at the corner, I saw Karen crossing the street. In a second it happened. I saw Karen’s body fly up in the sky. A car had hit her!Karen was on life support for a week before it was decided that they would allow her to go in peace. Karen’s parents wanted to donate her organs(器官)to the hospital, but there was nothing left healthy enough to be used because she was hit so hard.I have never got so close to another person since Karen died. I do miss her! Do you cherish(珍惜)your friends? If you don’t, please do, as you may lose them one day.小题1:What’s the best title for the passage?A.A horrible car accidentB.An unforgettable experienceC.My dearest friend—KarenD.An unforgettable girl小题2:When Karen was hit by a car, she was &&&&&&&&&&&.A.on her way to a friend’s placeB.on her way to the Becker’s homeC.shouting to the writer who was so far from herD.heading to the corner where she and the writer would meet小题3:Why were Karen’s organs unable to be donated?A.Because her parents refused to do that.B.Because all of her organs were seriously damaged.C.Because the doctors thought it was too cruel.D.Because no patients needed organs in the hospital then.小题4:What does the writer suggest we do?A.Cherish our friends.B.Accept the fact that people die.C.Be careful when crossing the street.D.Never be too close to someone.}

我要回帖

更多关于 just a moment 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信