mom could do lots of things withtube8 free chickenn and tho

My Mom’s Chicken Gloria brings back lots of memories. It’s a hearty dish with a creamy sherry wine sauce that I loved as a kid and now make for my own kids. When I was younger, my mom Gloria was a hard-working woman with two children. She very rarely had a lot of free time because she owned her own hair salon, but she always managed to have a home cooked meal on the table.
One of her special dishes she would make was called “Chicken Gloria”. Or “Chicken A La Gloria”.
It’s a hearty chicken dish that was my favorite and has since become my children’s favorite. Since my kids are going back to school next week I asked them what they wanted me to make for dinner their first week back and they both said they wanted Chicken A La Gloria.
I think if you try this recipe it will become a family favorite in your home too. As always if you like this please pass it on to family and friens. Enjoy
Chicken Gloria
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Start to Finish: 1 hour
Servings: 6
Ingredients:
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts, trimmed and filleted in half lengthwise
1/3 cup of flour
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of butter
1 (8 oz) container of sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup of sherry wine
1 small can of condenced cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup whole milk
6 slices of Muenster cheese
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F
Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper, dredge lightly in flour to coat both sides. Shake off excess.
Add oil to frying pan and brown chicken in batches on both sides. You don’t need to cook the chicken completely.
It will finish cooking in the oven. Transfer the chicken to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Add the butter to the frying pan and let it melt over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and brown mushrooms until golden.
Then add the sherry wine and cook for another minute or two. Add the creamy mushroom soup and milk and mix well.
Pour sauce over the chicken breasts, cover with foil and bake in oven for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top each piece of chicken with one slice of Muenster cheese. You can fold the cheese in half if it is too wide for the breast.
Place chicken back in oven uncovered and broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Top with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
Cooking Tips:
This dish goes well with rice or noodles because there is usually extra sauce in the baking pan.
The recipe can easily be doubled to feed a crowd.
I shared this recipe with .
If you like this recipe, please share it recipe with a friend.
Just click on the cute little icons below this sentence to share these on your Facebook page, twitter page, etc. with just one click!
can you use lite milk or does it have to full cream ?
I learned a long time ago that regular dry sherry is better for cooking than the cooking sherry.
Cooking sherry is much saltier and doesn’t give the dish as good a taste as the regular sherry.
Yummy…..sharing!!
How many pieces of chicken do you get out of two chicken breat halves?
Does it matter if you use sherry or cream sherry?
What is the difference?
I’m a very new cook!
Made this 2 nights ago – absolutely wonderful.
I will certainly be making it again.
Recipe says cream sherry not cooking sherry , I used Harvey’s Bristol Cream and followed recipe exactly.
Thank you very much.
I made this, for the first time, tonight. Hit was a big hit! I did add bacon bits, because EVERYTHING is better with bacon!!
DARN IT! I am making this for the first time….got it covered and in the oven and was reading feedback when I noticed “milk” in someone’s comments….I missed that part!!!! I only added the soup not the milk….I think it is probably too late to take it out and add it….UGH….guess we will see how it is……Would help if I read directions all the way thru!
Does it have to be cooking Sherry??…I have some Marsala….would that work instead of the Sherry?
I have made this so many times over the last few months and everyone loves it! some nights we even have it twice a week-its that good! I make it without the mushrooms and increase the sherry wine (we love the flavor that it gives). this is DEFINITELY a keeper!
I made this for dinner tonight and it was very easy and wow was it delicious! will be making this again!
I am making this for dinner….I am sure that it will be delicious!
I don’t have words to express how incredible this dish was. The chicken was so tender and the sauce was to die for! It was super easy to make, and I love that the ingredients are things I always have on hand, so this is definitely going to be a go-to recipe for me. Thanks for sharing!
It looks really good. It also looks like you used fresh mushrooms in the pic, which I’m glad because I don’t use canned, they tast like rubber, watery and salty, and it only takes a few min to slice up mushrooms,fresh is more nutritious also. I also don’t like to use canned soup, does anyone know of a way to substitute something else? Maybe I could add some garlic towards the end of sauteing the mushrooms and add xtra mushooms, and then use 2 cups of heavy cream? I would welcome any help or ideas. Thank you.
We made this recipe this past Friday & followed the directions & used all suggested ingredients. I guess my family just aren’t fans of cooking sherry because nobody liked this recipe. My boyfriend said it tasted like chinese food & my kids wouldn’t touch it
Sad because we like all the ingredients that went into it (which is why i chose to make it) except we’ve never had cooking Sherry before. Needless to say I’m no longer allowed to “experiment” with recipes lol…we still have left overs in the fridge because nobody will touch it…sad because boneless skinless chicken is pretty pricey…Oh well
My husband is a great cook and researches everything he makes, so for me to be WOWED by a dish says something.
He has been working out of a state a LOT and just came home last night (after being gone for 2 weeks straight) . . . I told him I’d take care of dinner and wanted to make him something special–after finding this recipe and reading the comments, I knew this was the something special.
He helped me in the kitchen (he just couldn’t stand it, I guess) and we had a great time!!!
We both LOVED it and will add it in to our rotation . . . I had leftovers for lunch and I swear it was EVEN better today . . . not sure how that was EVEN possible.
I added in a little minced garlic and 1/2 of a medium chopped onion when I cooked the mushrooms (would have preferred shallots, but couldn’t find them at the store) . . . Thought I had cooking sherry, but didn’t, so I used Marsala instead . . . I think I’m sticking with the Marsala, since I loved it so much.
The sauce is just so creamy and DREAMY . . . ahhhhh.
Served it with some basmati rice (husband added in flavors to compliment the main dish) and some steamed broccoli.
Thinking next time I’ll forego the broccoli (really didn’t “need” it) and serve it over some fettuccine pasta (husband’s suggestion).
I do like the fresh spinach suggestion someone had . . . I think it would go well with the flavors.
May throw that in next time and see how it goes
HUGS to you and your Mom for this GREAT recipe.
Recipe was good, needed more flavor?
I made this and while the wine was cooking it coagulated and my soup turned purple…I continued with the cooking but removed the coagulated goop….what happened? I cooked it on a medium heat and it didn’t boil
I just found this recipe on pinterest and had a question about the sherry wine. On this site it calls for sherry wine, but on betty crocker, it calls for cream of sherry. Which sherry am I to use?
Thank you So much for sharing this Delicious recipe. I’ve made some changes in mine, see if you will like it as well!
How many carb?.Cooking for a diabetic
Do you think I could add rice to the dish?
This recipe is a keeper! My entire family loved it!
I thought this recipe was delicious.
I would make it again.
I don’t know if anyone else made this comment, but I noticed that you have yours pictured in a glass baking dish.
That cannot go under a broiler.
It can break.
There is a temperature limit for Pyrex.
Thanks for the recipe.
Looks amazing, can it go in the crock pot instead of the oven?
can you make this with out the condensed soup so you could keep out the processed food part. im guessing heavy cream and mushrooms started with a rue?
This looks amazing!
Only one problem we don’t like mushrooms…any suggestions on an alternative veggie?
I have made this several times. I live in Italy and always use Prosecco! It’s amazing! I add Parmesan
cheese to the soup mixture and spinach leaves. My family loves it! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us!
I made it today it was really good kids loved it. I served it with rice and salad.
Delish! I plan to make it again and again. I used canned mushrooms and it was just as good.
It was super yummy!!!
Thank you!
I have it in the oven and I am about to take it out! Looking good.
Made this tonight and added the spinach like another poster mentioned and it came out great!
This was WONDERFUL! Definitely will be in rotation….
Made this Monday night and my finicky eater, my husband raved about it.
He actually use the sauce on his rice..
Magnificent Will be a staple for our chicken breast from here on out.. Thank you so much.
I made this last night it was so good .
this dish also works well in the crockpot since I used to make this in it all the time “back in the 80s”.
You don’t have to brown or saute anything, or add milk.
Don’t forget the sherry or substitute it for chicken broth b/c it adds a unique flavor.
Is there any way to lighten up this recipe to make it as low fat as possible?
cooking with cleavage?
Thanks for sharing!
Made this tonight!
Definitely a keeper!
It looks awesome! I must try it!
what kind of cheese can be replace with
Muenster cheese?
Ive been looking for this recipe for at least ten years. I remember it being made with swiss. What do you think of swiss instead?
A while back I wanted to come on here and sing the praises of this recipe. I’ll blame on my old age (and kids) the fact that I can’t remember if I did or not. So anywho, here I am, possibly again
I am a mother of 3 who’s not a pro in the kitchen but can more or less handle herself. However, when I see a recipe with ingredients that are foreign to me (I’m Mexican and sherry wine is not something I’ve used before) I wanna run the other way. I’m happy to say I found all my ingredients at my local Food for Less (Kroger). Also, I usually follow the recipes step by step then eventually end up tweaking it to my liking. No tweaking needed here! My hubby had 3 FULL servings today. No joke. And he’s very picky, probably more so than my kids. Anyway, thanks so much for sharing. This is something I’ve included in my meals on a frequent basis.
Much love!
I made this tonight, and it was a total hit with my husband and teenage sons!
It was great over rice.
Made this tonight. Was a hit in our house. I too used white wine.
I LOVE your recipes and have made so many yummy things that you’ve shared from your kitchen.
I did have a few little ideas/suggestions for this particular recipe (which I’m making again this weekend!
One is that all I had on hand was cooking sherry which also contains salt and can taste stronger in dishes so I reduced the 1/2 c to 1/4 cup (and 1/4 cup chicken stock) and it was perfect, just in case anyone else has cooking sherry as well.
Also, I love to doctor recipes, add things, etc. (it’s in my blood) so I got the idea of adding fresh spinach leaves to your dish!
I think the photo showing the fresh parsley on top gave me the idea and it was PHENOMENAL in your recipe.
Really worked and just added even more to you already amazing recipe.
For anyone wanting to try it, what I did was to add the spinach over the chicken and sauce just before putting it into the oven.
Just place the fresh spinach leaves whole, no need to cut or tear, and the heat of the oven will wilt it nicely.
I also did one other thing as well….I added a finely diced small shallot to the pan when I sautéed the mushrooms – delish!
I love your original recipe and also love playing with it and coming up with new ideas based on your amazing cooking.
Thank you, Arlene for sharing your FABULOUS recipes and tips and videos with us.
I’m a true fan for life.
We had for dinner last night and everyone enjoyed it. Served with brown rice and salad
Made this tonight– delicious & easy. I used 1% milk & 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup. Surprisingly light sauce and chicken was so tender.
Can you use skim milk?
What kind of sherry did you use
Nothing fancy. The one I have in my kitchen right now is a California Sherry called Fairbanks.
I’m going to make this but, use Marsala wine.
Oh yes the Marsala is yummy with this too. Do try the Sherry if and when you can too. You will love both. Enjoy!
Can this be frozen.
Would I cook before freezing?
Betty, Yes you can freeze it. Just make sure you cook the chicken completely. You don’t need to bake it just cook it all the way through when you brown it in the pan. Don’t top it with the cheese until the day you baking it. Enjoy!
Delicious!
I made this tonight and it was delicious! I used cooking Sherry and 2%
milk. I will definately make this again soon.
So glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the feedback. Do be sure to try some of my other recipes. I think you will like them too.
This was so good my family loved it. I used a white wine instead of the sherry wine
Could I use cream of chicken or celery in place of cream of mushroom soup? I thought I had it but don’t but have the other two on hand.
Shelly you can use the cream of chicken and it will be yummy but when you make it next time try using the mushroom. Enjoy!
I made this over brown rice, and it was to die for!
I used a light pinot grigio instead of sherry, but it turned out beautifully! My boyfriend has been asking me to make it over and over again for the past two weeks! We both loved it! The only problem that I had was attempting to pin the recipe/photo to pinterest!
I mentioned the recipe to a couple of friends since it a success & decided to share, but recently received a copyright violation notice & removal of the bookmark from my page :/
Molly so great to hear that you guys enjoyed it that much. People have been stealing this recipe all over the internet and posting it to Pinterest. Please pin it right here from my site so that other people can enjoy it. Do try some of my other recipes. I think you will like them too. Thanks for the feedback.
I made this today on the stove top. I just cooked the chicken till almost done. I used fat free cream of mushroom soup and 2% milk. Very tasty.
Oh I like the lighter version. Thanks for sharing.
I’m making this today but I will ad water instead of wine..
Hope you enjoyed it. Let me know how it turned out. I like to use chicken stock if I don’t use the wine but I’m sure it was fine.
Would it be okay if you just don’t add in the wine? or are there any substitutions for the sherry wine?
Sure you can add chicken stock in place of the wine. Enjoy!
But the wine gives it a rich taste. Definately use wine. The alcohol burns off.
I’m making this tonight, hope it’s as good as it looks!!
Great. Be sure to tell me how everyone likes it. Enjoy!
looks good
Thanks, if you get a chance to try this recipe let me know how you like it. It is a crowd pleaser.
Can I use Marsala Wine instead of sherry?
Sure you can. The flavor will be a little different but I’m sure it will be yummy. Enjoy!
Can’t Wait To Make This Tonight! I’m Going To Throw In Some Extra Veggies And Sub Out Some Ingredients For A lower Calorie Option But It Looks Amazing!!
Sounds yummy! Enjoy it. :0
Thank you soooo much for sharing this, Sugar! Wow…I can’t believe how wonderful and easy this chicken dish is. Preferring dark meat, we are usually are not big chicken breast lovers. This is the exception to the rule. I will definitely be making this again very soon. I loved the sauce w the mushrooms and sherry, and the chicken becomes so tender after baking! In keeping with our low carb style we served it with mashed cauliflower, fresh green beans, and cucumbers in vinegar. Yum….Thanks again!
Hi thanks so much for the sweet feedback. I love the idea of mashed cauliflower yum!!
I just made this for dinner. It was easy and delicious. My husband went back for seconds–something he rarely does these days. I’ll be sharing it on my food blog and highly recommending it as great comfort food!
I’m so happy to hear that. Thanks so much and do share it with others. I love spreading cooking love. XO
My family enjoyed it so much they wanted me to make it again for dinner so that’s what I am doing! I’m making a double batch tonight. I did make a Few substitutions both times now. I used corn starch instead of flour and just sprinkled it on in the package they came in, I used Marsala cooking wine, and I didn’t put foil over it while in the oven. Turned out perfect. I can’t wait to try more of your recipes. Thanks again!!
Yes corn starch works great too. Thanks for all the tips too. Very helpful. XO
This is so good! I made it for dinner tonight nd everyone wanted more. I will be making a double batch next time for sure. This will be in our meal rotation from now on. Thanks for the great recipe.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for taking the time to write to me. XO
I fixed this recipe and, oh WOW!!!
It’s wonderful!
It brought back a memory of a favorite restaurant I used to go to MANY YEARS AGO. I always got their Veal Marsala because it was a divine special treat.
THIS recipe of yours is just as wonderful. Will be preparing it again real soon. Many thanks for sharing.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the sweet feedback.
ok I ran out of chicken breast and was thinking if same recipe could used with pork chops, I dont have “red” cooking wine, but do have white cooking wine, I wonder if that will work just as well?
Sure the pork chops will work well too with the white wine. Enjoy and let me know how it turns out. Be sure not to over cook the pork.
Hey Sugar! I’m so excited to try this recipe! I dont have any ckn breasts at home just tenders. How much time would I cook for with this substitute. I planned on cooking for 15min or so but I just wanted to check. Also is there anything else I will need to do differently with the tenders vs breasts
You can use the renders no problem. Brown then and then do the sauce and everything and I think 15 min in the oven will be fine. Enjoy!
Sugar–I’ve been searching for a new recipe to make next weekend for Mother’s Day and thanks to you, I’ve found it!
It looks delicious and after reading all of the rave reviews, I feel certain it will be a hit–oh, and I especially love the name!!!
Thank you.
Oh yes I do think it will be a hit for Mother’s Day! Enjoy it.
Oh my….this was absolutely delicious!!!
Quick and easy to make too.
I did have to substitute Marsala wine for the sherry and I used garlic salt.
Also used Italian blend cheese and some cheddar cheese.
Even with the substitutions…it was amazing…my hubby loved it and I will be making it again many times.
Thanks so much for sharing this!!!!
Oh, yeh, hubby said would be great to serve with mashed potatoes because the sauce is to delicious
So glad you enjoyed it so much. Thanks for taking the time to write such nice feedback. Do be sure to try some oft other recipes.
oh and make sure you share my site with family and friends.
Would love to serve this for company and was wondering if you could prepare the recipe ahead of time–right up until the point where you put it in the oven to bake and then add the cheese afterwards?
Has anyone done this?
Yes you can prepare it ahead. i donit all the tome. Just cook the chicken compleat when you sauté it. Let it cool them covet and refrigerate. Take it put of the refrigerator at least 30 min before you plan to bake it so it isn’t ice cold. Then uncover snd add the cheese like the recipe recommends. Enjoy!
Looks amazing, pinning now :O
Not Your Average Super Moms!
send me your 10 best recipes thanks
Well hey there, Sugar. Janine in Vancouver. Another great recipe. We used Harvey`s Bristol Cream for the sherry and threw some shreded cheese on top. Magnificent as usual. My husband might just love you more than me. Well…your recipes, anyway! Big smooches.
Oh you are too funny! So glad he enjoyed it that much. XXOO
This was delicious!
Thank you for sharing this! I added some baby spinach in with the mushrooms!
Definitely a keeper! My husband ate 3rds!
oh and I just saw my post went through earlier…clearly im a fan
LOL!! You are too sweet.
I tried to post earlier and I am not sure if it went through but i MUST comment on this recipe.
I found it via pinterest and this is needless to say my FAVORITE recipe.
As a huge foodie I am always researching recipes and this is the best by far that I have found.
My two sisters, co-workers, and mother are all hooked on this recipe.
I double the sherry and it is fantastic over rice.
My boyfriends cousins and family are all coming over to our new house for dinner tonight and guess what he told me to make?!
Thanks so much Sugar.
it really is THAT good.
Oh how fun is that?? I love when people request a dish. It is the hight of flattery.
Make sure you enjoy being the kitchen star when you hear all the Yummy sounds everyone makes when they eat.
Sugar, This recipe was very very delicious ! My husband said its in the top 5 dishes I have made
The chicken did however turn out a little on the hard side. I didnt cut the chicken in half ( so it was thick) . Any ideas as to why it was hard and not moist?
Inna, that is awesome. Thanks for the sweet feedback. XXOO
This was wonderful!
I made it with a little more chicken and I’m glad I did because it was devoured!
Will definitely make this again.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to wrote to me.
This sounds delish…making it now. Do u think it would be good served over polenta??
Oh yes it would be great over polenta. Enjoy!
A winner! Even after 30 years of marriage, 5 kids and LOTS of cooking, I need inspiration to keep things fresh in the kitchen.
Sugar, your website is awesome! I’ve tried several recipes and watched ALL your videos.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to share your fantastic recipes. This Chicken A La Gloria is outstanding and a testament to your mother’s devotion to good cooking. Please pass along my thanks to her as well!
Oh You are so sweet to take the time to write such lovely feedback. My site is a labor of love. I will be sure to pass this on to my mom. Do be sure to shares site so we can stay connected in the kitchen. CXOO
Found this recpie on Pinterest and had to add it to the house dinner menu for the week.
Trying it out tonight, VERY EXCITED!!
I’ll besure to update this post after dinner tonight!!
**Fingers crossed its a hit with the hubby and kids**
We are eating this right now & it is AMAZING! I used sliced Baby Bella mushrooms ’cause they were on sale & red table wine ’cause that’s what we had on hand. Love the distinct flavor, gooey melted cheese, and creamy sauce. Served it with mashed potatoes & peas. Will definitely make this again
So glad you liked it. Thanks for taking the time to write me.
Do be sure to pass my website on to family and friends so we can spread some kitchen love.
I am going to try this over spaghetti squash tonight! I already cant wait for dinner!
YUM!! I wish I was coming over.
My son and I made this together last night.
He’s 15 and this was his first recipe… SO GOOD!!
So glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the feedback.
Hey just wondering did you add asparagus in the pan or make it on the side and put the sauce over the asparagus?
I just steam it and serve it on the side.
Could you use heavy cream instead of the whole milk?
Sure heavy cream gives it a much richer sauce. I do use it sometimes too. Enjoy!
I just made this tonight and this is definitely a keeper. Didn’t change the recipe except that I added a little more chicken and cheese. This was awesome and my family loved it. Thanks for sharing your Mom’s receive.
I’m so glad you liked it. Thanks for the sweet feedback and do be sure to share my site with family and friends and try some of my other recipes.
I made this and it was really good.
I added it to my personal cookbook now and will be making it again and again.
The only negative comment I have is that Muenster cheese is a salty cheese so I would cut down on salting the chicken breasts because it’s not needed.
Otherwise this dish is easy, very tasty and a make again recipe.
Hi, So glad you enjoyed it. Yes the munster cheese is a salty cheese. I think that most people don’t salt enough so this can compensate for it. A good substitute is a mozzarella cheese very mild. Enjoy!
Wonderful recipe – my 3 boys loved it.
It will definitely go in the dinner rotation and will be one of the faves.
Thank you for sharing your mom’s recipe!
By the way – I used mozzarrella cheese and it was good.
Thanks for the sweet feedback. I am so glad they liked it. XXOO
Can you cook this in a crock pot?
Ashlee, I have never done it in a crock pot but if you want to try it I would use chicken thighs. It would be a whole different animal but tasty.
This recipe has quickly become a favorite in our house.
It is a great alternative to making Chicken Marsala (which I am so bad at!) and even tasier!
I love how it makes extra sauce to add to pasta.
Super easy and super delicious!
I’m so glad you like it so much. Thanks for the sweet feedback.
This recipe is A-MAZ-ING! I found it via pinterest and now my whole family can’t get enough of it and have added it to their menu.
the cream of mushroom soup adds so much flavor and tastes like you spent all day cooking it.
A must try recipe!
Thank you for a new staple Sugar!
You are so sweet to take the time to write to me. Thanks for the great feedback. I’m so happy you have been enjoying it.
This was wonderful
I only had a white wine (moscato) in the house so I used that and it was fabulous! I made home made bread with it and dunked it in the sauce. Perfect dinner Dish. Thank you for sharing.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing and do be sure to try some of my other recipes and share my site with family and friends. XXOO
I already have
thank you so much
It is not printer friendly when it takes 6 pages to print the recipe.
Hi, I’m not sure how you are trying to print it but if you click on the print friendly icon below the top image. You can find it where it says, “Sharing is Caring” It’s the green and white one that is last in the line. If you click on that you can select printing without images. It prints the recipe in one page. Very Easy, Very Friendly!;)
Thank you I guess I just did it wrong.
You are so welcome. I think you will enjoy this recipe very much.
I found your yummy pin on Pinterest and it’s in the oven!
Can’t wait to try your family’s favorite chicken recipe!
Thanks for the great share!
New follower!
This was a huge hit!
The whole family loved it!
Everyone went back for seconds, including kids!
This will be part of a regular rotation in our home!
Thanks again for the yummy share!
I am so glad you found me and you enjoyed the dish. Thank you for taking the time to write to me. Do try some of my other recipes too and be sure to share them on Pinterest as well. XXOO
Loved this recipe and will make over and over again.
Thank you for turning boring plain ole chicken into a fine dish!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to write to me. Do try my other recipes too and share my site with your family and friends.
Tried this recipe for dinner.
It was really good.
Next time I will double the mushroom gravy as we put it over rice.
My kids really liked it.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Will be making this again.
So glad you liked it. Yes doubling the sauce is a great idea. It’s so yummy my kids like to dip their bread in the sauce too. Thanks for the feedback and do be sure to try my other recipes and share my site with family and friends.
This is very easy and really, really, good. I would serve this to company anytime.
So glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback.
Do be sure to share this with family and friends.
This was absolutely delicious!
Thank you!
Thank you honey for taking the time to write to me. I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Do be sure to try some of my other recipes too. I think you will love them as well. Oh and do share my photos and recipes on Pinterest and Facebook so we can keep spreading lots of kitchen love. XXOO
Your recipe looks delicious and I want to try it, but my husband has to eat gluten free and so we cannot use cream of mushroom soup. Do you have any substitution suggestions, or any suggestions for making a cream sauce by hand?
You can use some Bob’s Red Mill cornstarch or any other cornstarch you like with some butter and cream to make your own cream sauce. It will be wonderful. Most times I make my own but for busy cooks the soup is easy. Enjoy!
Hello– LOVED your recipe!
Looking to make it again, but wondering if there is a good substitute for the cream of mushroom soup?
I don’t care to use condensed soups and my husband would like a little less “mushroom” flavor (I think he is crazy, but won’t mind changing it up a bit)… Any suggestions?
Thank you for the recipe… I have already copied into my recipe box!!
Sure you can change it up. All recipes should be given your own specail twist. They are meant to be a guide. I would use some flour and butter and cream to make your own cream sauce. Substitue some chopped shallots for the mushrooms or you can use sliced onions. Enjoy
Oh that sounds awesome!
I will try that tomorrow
Thank you again
Great! Let me know how it turns out.
Can you use chicken cutlets instead of cutting a chicken breast in half or are they too thin?
Sarah, If you are talking about buying the thin sliced breast that is already cut, yes you can but be cafeful because that does cook very quickly so it’s easy to dry it out. I prefer to cut them myself so I can control the thickness.
I made this last night. This was the best sauce. I could eat this without the chicken it was so good. I didn’t have cream sherry, so I used a white wine instead. Delish thanks for sharing!!
I’m so glad you liked it. Thanks for the feedback.
Hi i was wondering if i dont have mozzarella or muenster cheese can i use Parmesan or cream cheese?
You can use parmesan but a nice mild melting cheese like fontina will work nicly too.
Can you use canned mushrooms instead of fresh? And can you use cooking wine instead of sherry?
You can use canned but fresh is so much better. Yes you can also use cooking wine but the sherry has a sweet flavor that you won’t get with the regular wine but it will still be nice.
IT WAS DELISH!!!
BEST chicken I’ve ever made! It was super simple and I was really impressed with the flavor. My kids devoured it as well so that was a major plus with picky eaters!
Oh I am so happy to hear it. Thanks so much for the feedback and do be sure to share my site with family and friends and on Pinterest and Facebook. Spread some kitchen love.
This looks delicious, may vary some ingredients to work for family.
Seems easy to make
with chicken or pork cutlets.
will make sometime soon.
Sure do try it with your own spin and enjoy!
This looks so delicious and thank you for sharing it! I am fairly “new” to cooking and want to try this recipe.
The serving size says 6, but on the ingredients list, only 3 chicken breasts are listed.
Do you cut them in half at some point? Thank you so much and cant wait to try it!
oh my gosh, please disregard! i just saw where it says they need to be cut in half
Oh you are too cute. I’m sure you will make this just fine. Enjoy and let me know how it turns out.
Making this for dinner right now.
Smells awesome!
Cannot wait to eat.
Thanks for sharing Gloria’s recipe with everyone.
I’m sure it will be a regular on our menu.
Oh great to hear. I’m sure you will enjoy it.
This recipie is in the oven right now. I’ll let you know how my family likes it!
Great keep me posted and enjoy!
I made this tonight, and we loved it!!
I think this is my husband’s favorite dish now.
It smelled so good while it was cooking.
Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Oh I am so glad you liked it. Thanks for taking the time to write me back.
Now be sure to share it.
I am making this right now. It’s in the oven. I used Holland white wine with angel hair pasta and Gouda that’s what was available in the house. Smells wonderful. Can’t wait to try it.
Oh yum wish I was there to have some. Enjoy it and be sure to let me know how you like it. Oh and do share my site with family and friends. We have to spread some kitchen love around the world.
Sugar, this r however, I am not sure what you mean by “… trimmed and fileted.” Are you just cutting the chicken breast in half? Thanks.
Check out my chicken parm recipe and video. It shows how to filet and trim the chicken. You will do the same thing for this recipe.
I have this baking in the oven right now..smells so yummy..I added very thin onion rings..used cr chicken soup as I had no mushroom soup..and had marsala wine so used that..I am servining over pasta with a salad..I am so excited to see how everyone likes it..Thank you for sharing and I will def be passing this one on..
Oh thanks so much for taking the time to write to me. It sounds so good. YUM! Enjoy and do pass it on. XXOO
Oh my GOSH!
I have just taken this out of the oven.
My hubby will be home shortly afte he loves egg noodles, so am getting ready to get those going, but I had to sneak a piece
It is delightful!
I did not have sherry, so did use chicken broth, but it is excellent that way as well.
I will invest in a little cream sherry before I make again (which I am quite sure I will!)
because of your suggestion that it is a bit sweet that way.
Thank you so much for this wonderful addition to my chicken recipes!!
I’m so glad it turned out well. I am sure your hubby will love it. Thanks for the feedback and do try the sherry. You can use a dry sherry as well.
Literally just got finished eating this dish. We made white rice with it and it was great! Thanks for sharing!!!
I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to write me. Do be sure to share my site with family and friends. Oh and try some of my other recipes.
Awesome dish!! Served it over mini penne pasts & it’s was oh so yummy!!!
I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks for the feedback. Do be sure to try some of my other recipes too. Oh and do share this with family and friends so they can enjoy it as well.
This was so unbelievably good!
Even better than my favorite Chicken Marsala dish at Cheesecake Factory!
THANK YOU for sharing the recipe.
Can’t wait to share it with my friends.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Yes please share this recipe and my website with family and friends so we can spread some kitchen love.
My mom has this recipe but used it with porkchops. So yummy!! Ner thought of trying it with chicken
Yum I bet it’s great with pork too. Thanks for the feedback.
Made this tonight and it was very good!!!
Definetly a do again.
Even my nonmushroom people liked it!!
I’m so glad you liked it. I actually made it last night too. Having leftovers for lunch. Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks for the recipe I made this for dinner with out the flour and oil just 1ts of butter my family loved it will be making again.
I am so happy to hear that. Thanks for taking the time to write to me. Do be sure to try some of my other recipes and share my site with your family and friends. I love spreading some kitchen love around the world. Food is something we all have in common and can share and enjoy. XXOO
wow, this was delicious!! i love anything with cream sherry! i used half a cup of heavy cream instead of milk and
sartori raspberry bellavitano cheese (all i had on hand) and it was fabulous! thanks to you and gloria for sharing
I am so happy to hear that. Thanks for the feedback.
Does this recipe freeze well?
Looks Delicious!!!
I wouldn’t say well. I don’t like to freeze cream dishes because they tend to seperate when defrosted but it holds up pretty well because of the soup, so you can certainly freeze it. Hope that helps.
Sugar, I’m so glad I discovered your recipes.
I will try this one tomorrow.
My husband loves mushrooms, but hates cheese.
Do you think it will be just as good without it?
Thanks so much for sharing.
Sure it will be good without the cheese. Just add a slice or two for yourself and leave the rest plain for him. Enjoy!
I am so excited to make this!
Do you think it would still taste great if I prepared it tonight and baked it tomorrow?
I don’t have time tomorrow night to cook and really want my in-laws to try this.
Oh yes. I think it’s better the next day. Enjoy!
Thank you for sharing your mom’s recipe.
I made this last night, and it was delicious.
I followed your recipe exactly, and the chicken was so moist!
Put it back in the oven tonight for leftovers, and it tasted just as good!
Great comfort food for a cold night!
Thanks again!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the feedback. Be sure to share my site with family and friends so we can spread some kitchen love. Enjoy!
So glad I found your blog and your delicious sounding recipes.
Can’t wait to try this one.
Welcome Cindy! So glad you found me too. Do try my recipes and let me know what you think.
We cannot thank you enough for sharing this fantastic recipe. It is such a hit in our house!!
I’m so glad to hear that. Thank you for the feedback and be sure to share my site with family and friends so we can spead some more kitchen love.
Oh Wow!! I made this for dinner tonight and it was SO good!!! The sauce is incredible…and great for dunking some French bread in!!! Definitely will be making this again and again!!!
So happy to hear that. I will have to tell my mom how much you liked it.
What degree should i bake the chicken in? When cooking chicken breast, i akways afraid my chicjen will be undercook or dry.
If you do this recipe the way I show it you will love it. The cutlets are just browned on each side not cooked completely. They will cook in the sauce covered in the oven for about 25-30 min at 350F so they steam nicely and keep their moisture. You then add the cheese and let it cook uncovered for only a few min. Enjoy!
I made this…the sauce was very good, but the chicken was dry….disappointing.
Next time I will bake it 15 minutes and check the temp.
Did you keep it covered with foil while you baked it? Because this recipe is never dry and I have made it a million times. Your oven may be off so bake it for less time next time.
This recipe was recommended to me by a coworker. I tried it over the weekend and fell in love. It was SO good. Thank you for sharing it with us. I have already shared it with three family members.
Thank you for the feedback honey. I am so happy to hear that. Glad you shared it with others because I love to spread some kitchen love.
I made this last night I added heavy whipping cream minced garlic and a little parm cheese into the sauce omg it was fantastic.. Thanks this one is a keeper
Oh yum. I love that idea. Thanks for the feedback.
I just have to say thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
It is now one of my family’s favorites – it is absolutely delicious!!!
(And I never write posts on pages like this but that just tells you how much we love this!)
Oh how sweet of you. I will be sure to tell my mom. XXOO
I made this for dinner last night, it was so creamy and had just the right amount of wine and seasoning to eat.
I did add a handful for broccoli to it, tho, so that I could give the kiddos some added veggies
But, over all this was great!!
Thank you for sharing
Oh I am so happy to hear that.
Thanks for taking the time to post a message to me. Oh and be sure to share my site with family and friends so we can keep spreading some kitchen love. XXOO
Loved the recipe!
I haven’t cooked with sherry much and loved the flavor. My family is not fond of mushrooms so I substituted sliced Zucchini and some purple onion.
It was yummy!
I also substituted chopped fresh spinich for parsley and add some crumble bacon on top of the cheese.
Truly glorious response from the family!
So happy I found your sight.
I see many other recipes I’d love to try!
I am so happy you found me too and you enjpyed this one. I love the way you changed it up. Yum!!
Do try some of my other recipes and make sure you pass my site on to family and friends so we can spread some kitchen love.
Made this tonight and really loved it! I only had cream of mushroom with roasted garlic and it was great. The smell was amazing and my hubs liked it even though he’s not the biggest mushroom fan. Thanks!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it.
Just wanted to say I had pinned your recipe on Pinterest some time back and finally made it this evening.
What a delight to the tastebuds and a treat for the nose as well.
We thoroughly enjoyed it and that is with 6 children all oohing and ahhing as well.
Thank you so much for sharing your recipe!!
Oh how sweet. Thank you so much for the feedback. I’ll be sure to share it with my mom.
This recipe was so good our mouths were watering while eating it the flavor combination was perfect made with brown rice, thanks!
Oh Debbie I am so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the nice feedback.
I probably would steam some brocali or cauliflower and add to dish
rounding it out …looks delicious
Yes that would go perfect with this dish. Enjoy!
I made your dish tonight for my family and they gobbled it up!
Thank you very much.
Oh I am so happy to hear that they enjoyed it.
Hi Sugar…This sounds delish and I wanna make it tonite..but no ones ever heard of cream sherry wine..would a pinot grigio work??
Any sherry is fine. Just use a dry one or white wine.
I made this tonight and my family loved it…….no left overs!!!
I did use chicken stock instead of the sherry bc I had none in the house and I couldn’t run out to the store due to Sandy the Hurricane….Very Good!!!
Oh I’m glad to hear it. I hope that you and your family are safe. My heart goes out to everyone.
Can i substitute the Cream cherry wine with a alternative if i dont have any?? Its sound really delicious and I so wanna cook this for my family. to try something new.
You can use white wine. The sherry has a sweet flavor that I like but white wine works well too.
I found you via pinterest, and just had to tell you how AWESOME this is! OMG!!! We ate evry last drop! It’s just me and my husband, so I only made 2 breasts, but I did the entire recipe for the sauce, and poured it over egg noodles. My husband LOVED it! And he hardly ever comments about my cooking!
I forgot the “whole milk”, so I used 2%,, and it did just fine. Also used cream of chicken soup, as he is not a big fan of mushrooms. We did consume 1/2 of an 8 oz container of mushrooms, so he ate those! LOL!
I substituted mozzarealla cheese, and think it would even be awesome without the cheese!
Thank you for a great recipe! I’ll be making it frequently.
Oh I am so glad you found my site. I love how creative you got with this. That is what cooking is all about. XXOO
I just put my pan in the oven. My house smells so good already, I can’t wait to taste it.
I couldn’t find the cream sherry, so I used white wine. Thank you for this recipe!
I’m sure it is going to be yummy.
Looks so yummy, I’ll try and make this for my parents, can’t hardly wait!
This was a big hit at our house for my husbands birthday dinner.
He and all my kids said it was a “re-do”!
I never get that!
Oh I am so glad. I know how happy us mom’s are when our kids like dinner. I hate taking the time to cook and the kids just don’t like it. Thanks for the feedback.
Every try it over mashed potatoes or add a veggie to the dish?
Yes honey it’s great. You can add anything you like and get creative with it. I have done it with broccoli and or asparagus. Enjoy!
Holy cow, I’m making this tonight and am so excited I can hardly wait! Making rotini, warm bread and a big fat salad on the side. My mouth is already watering….
Hope you enjoy it.
Sugar-Just found your site and have tried the Chicken Parm and Chicken Gloria (last night). My family loved both and said they were both keepers. I appreciate all of the time it must have taken you to post these recipes and step by step instructions. Can’t wait to try more of your recipes. Thanks sooo much!
Kara you are so sweet to recognize that it takes a lot of time and love to post these. I try very hard to make sure all the measurements are correct and that anyone can make them. I want to make sure that my kids get to keep these recipes so I am happy to share this love from my kitchen to others. Thanks for the great feedback. Do be sure to share my site with other friends and family so they can enjoy them too.
XXOO Sugar
I made this recipe tonight and it was delicious.
I couldn’t find cream sherry so I used sherry cooking wine and it was really good.
I used half the mushrooms and 1/2 slice of Muenster cheese on each piece of chicken because I wasn’t sure that the Muenster cheese wouldn’t be too strong.
It definitely wasn’t.
I will use all the mushrooms and a whole slice of cheese on each piece of chicken the next time.
Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly and it was SOOOOO good!
I will make this again soon!
Oh I am so glad you liked it. Thanks for the feedback and do be sure to pass this on to family and friends so we can keep spreading some kitchen love.
is there a brand of cream sherry wine that you can suggest?
Thank you!!
This looks so yummy, I can’t wait to make it!!
I like to buy Taylor Cream Sherry. It’s pretty cheep and works well.
Can I not use any cheese at all? Or will that ruin the dish? Will it still be creamy?
Sure you don’t have to use the cheese. It gives it a nice flavor but you can do without it. Just make sure you season the sauce enough. Enjoy!
Thanks for reminding me how wonderfully sherry combines with mushrooms and chicken!
My mother used to cook with it in the 70′s .
It was the sophisticated cooks ingredient back then:)
Oh you are so right Allison.
Thanks for the feedback.
Wanted to make this for a dinner party but was unable to find cream sherry wine. Any suggestions on where i can but it or can I use cooking sherry wine instead of the cream?
tammy Marshall
You can use either one. How did it turn out?
Holy MOLY this is DELICIOUS! I just consumed one chicken piece and poured some of the gravy over Campanella pasta… I am in heaven. This was one of the best dishes I’ve ever made, and I will DEFINITELY have to make this for my boyfriend one of these weekends! Thank you thank you thank you!
You made my day honey. I love hearing that other people are enjoying the recipes I share. I’ll be sure to tell my mom what you said since this is her recipe. XXOO
Husband LOVED this recipe so much, he asked me how soon I could make another batch!
So, he had Gloria’s chicken twice in less than a week.
I’ve renamed it Gloria’s Glorious Chicken.
Also love the Italian Paella and made your delicious mini-cannoli’s to bring to a dinner party..added a hint of sambuca to the ricotta.
Addictive!!!
All gone in ten minutes.
Thanks so much, Sugar.
Your recipes remind me of the home cooked comfort food I loved from my Mom’s kitchen.
I look forward to continue trying all of your recipes.
My husband does too!
Oh Kelly honey tell your hubby that you guys made my day today. It takes me a lot of time and a lot of love to add these recipes so I am thrilled that people are enjoying them. XXOO Keep cooking and be sure to tell your friends and family about my site so we can spread that love.
Delicious! I made this tonight, and both my three year old and my husband—who is pickier than the toddler—loved it. Thanks!!!
Oh I’m so glad to hear that.
Thank you for taking the time to write to me. Do be sure to share my site with family and friends and try some other recipes I have on the site. I think you will like them too. XXOO
Oh my gosh!
I just found your website.
Your recipes look incredible!
Already planning on trying three or four right off the bat.
Question about this recipe — When you say a “small” can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, are you talking about the regular, standard soup can size?
I don’t want to overwhelm the dish, if that’s too much soup.
I’m not a “natural born cook” and need all the detailed instruction I can get. Thanks!
Martha, Yes the regular size can. Thanks for the sweet feedback and be sure to let me know how it turns out and do share my site with your family and friends.
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!! Imade this om Sunday. It was a hit at the dinner table. I loved the creamery of the sauce. I didn’t have sherry, so I used Chicken stock instead and it tasted great!! The only ingredient I didn’t add were the mushrooms. It was still yummy. I will surely be making this again!!
I’m so glad you loved it. Thanks for the feedback.
Would a white wine be okai to use instead of sherry? sorry im 18 and dont know much about wines
Sure you can use white wine but the sherry has a sweet flavor that works well in this dish. You can buy Holland house cooking wine in the grocery store if you can’t buy real wine. It works well too.
Hey Sugar- you are awesome. Can you recommend a good cooking sherry & Marsala brand? I’m lost. Thanks
Joe, Taylor makes a Sherry and a Marsala and you can usually fine it in most stores for a reasonable price. Any decent wine that is good enough to drink will be perfect for cooking so don’t stress too much about it. Enjoy!
I made this for my husband and myself tonight – delightful! Will make it for friends and take the bows!!
Oh I am so happy to hear that. Enjoy your company and the yummy sounds they will surely make when they eat this.
Hi Sugar, Tks for sharing and
recipe sounds great and easy to make too. How different is cream sherry wine from sherry cooking wine? I am unable to get the former in Singapore, well for now…
They both work well. The cream sherry is a little sweeter so my kids like it better.
Sugar, this looks absolutely delish!
I’m going to try it out when good friends come over for dinner— Probably pair it with rice.
Just wondering, if you happen not to have cream sherry wine on hand, could you suggest a good substitute?
Thanks for the recipe.
I have used apple juice or just chicken stock in place of the sherry. I can tell you that nothing is as good as the wine but the other ways are yummy too.
If I can’t find Muenster cheese is there another you could suggest I use?
Rural America doesn’t always have a large selection of different cheeses.
You can use mozzarella or a mild cheddar.
Wow – this looks so yummy!
I will have to disguise the mushrooms and parsley to get past my youngest son, but that is nothing new at our table.
May try this out this weekend with rice, I think.
Thanks for sharing, Sugar.
Yes Susie when my kids were younger I used to not put any mushrooms or parsley on half of the dish. LOL!!
Do you think this would be a good dish for a babyshower?
Sure! I would cut the chicken in smaller servings so it can be eaten easily. This way people won’t have to use a knife. Enjoy and God Bless the new momma.
Connect with Sugar
Subscribe to My Videos!
Sugar’s Recent Posts
Sugar’s Categories
Select Category
&&&Appetizers
&&&Entrees
&&&Desserts
&&&Breakfast
&&&Chicken
&&&Seafood
Easy Recipes