想知道: 惠州市 惠州市第一中学附近哪有财付通首页

/6该会员上传的其它文档:3 p.4 p.3 p.2 p.2 p.5 p.4 p.4 p.4 p.4 p.4 p.3 p.4 p.4 p.4 p.4 p.4 p.4 p.4 p.3 p.6 p.4 p.7 p.7 p.学年高二上学期月考物理试题命题人:杨铁坚审题人:胡壮丽考试..学年高二上学期月考物理试题命题人:杨铁坚审题人:胡壮丽考试用时:90分钟单项选择题(共6题,每题3分,计18分)1.如图,同一直线上有A、B、C三点,A、B处均固定着一正电荷,C处的负电荷受A、B的库仑力的合力记为F,若将C处的电荷向B广东省惠州市第一中学学年高二10月月考物理试题相关文档专题docdocdocdocdocdocdocdocdoc关于我们常见问题关注我们官方公共微信欢迎来到高考学习网,
免费咨询热线:010-
今日:3272套总数:5582012套专访:3136部会员:294765位
当前位置:
& 广东省惠州市第一中学学年高二上学期期中考试英语试卷 Word版含答案
广东省惠州市第一中学学年高二上学期期中考试英语试卷 Word版含答案
资料类别: /
所属版本: 通用
上传时间:
下载次数:45次
资料类型:期中/期末
文档大小:167KB
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
惠州市第一中学 2017届高二年级 考试
第一部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分30分)
第一节 (共15小题; 每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项A、B、C和D,选出最佳选项并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。Since my family were not going to be helpful about my taking a cooking job, I decided I would look for one all by myself and not to tell them about it till I’d got a permanent one.
I had seen an agency advertised in a local paper, so as soon as there was no one about to say “Where are you going?” I rushed out of the house in search of it. I was wildly excited, and as nervous as if I were going on the stage. Finding the place quite easily, I tore up three flights of stairs, and swung breathlessly through a door which said “Enter without knocking, if you please.”
The simple atmosphere of the office calmed me, and I sat down on the edge of a chair. The woman at the desk opposite looked carefully at me. Then she questioned me in a low voice. I answered softly and started to feel helpless. She wondered why I was looking for this sort of job, so I felt I had to give her the idea of a widowed mother struggling against poverty. But I felt more helpless when she told me that it would be difficult to get a job without experience or references. Suddenly, the telephone on her desk rang. While having a mysterious conversation, she kept looking at me. Then I heard her say:
“In fact, I’ve got someone here who might suit.” She wrote down a number, and my spirits rose as she held out the paper to me, saying: “Ring up this lady. She wants a cook immediately. Cook a dinner for ten people tomorrow. Could you manage that, I wonder?”
“Oh, yes,” say I梟ever having cooked for more than four. oThen I rushed out and called the lady, Miss Cathy. I said confidently that I was just what she was looking for. “Are you sure?” she kept saying. Anyway she decided to employ me and a permanent position if I carried out the promise of my self-praise. I asked her what tomorrow’s menu was to be.
“Just a small, simple dinner: lobster cocktail, soup, turbot Mornay, fruit salad and a savory.” In a rather shaken voice I promised to turn up in good time tomorrow and rang off.
1. What did the author feel on her way?
A. Excited but worried.
B. Nervous and excited.
C. Easy and curious.
D. Helpless but excited.
2. Why didn’t the woman give the author the job at first?
A. Because the woman found that the author didn’t respect her.
B. Because the woman realized that the author made up a story.
C. Because the author hadn’t been a cook before or got a reference.
D. Because the woman had already hired a more suitable cook.
3. According to the passage, what would the author most probably do after the call?
A. Read some cookery book.
B. Call her family and tell them the news.
C. Go to the woman’s house.
D. Buy what the woman told her at once.
Lots of people buy books and products from Amazon, an online seller. They offer and pay over the Internet and the books are shipped through the mail or a delivery service like FedEx.
One day, people could get their Amazon deliveries from an “unmanned aerial vehicle”梐 timely vehicle that looks like a toy helicopter. ,And instead of waiting days to get the parcel, it could be at the buyer’s home in half an hour or less. The company is working on a fleet of tiny vehicles they call “Prime Air”. The vehicles are also known as “octocopters”. On their website, Amazon says, “One day, Prime Air Vehicles will be as normal as seeing a mail trucks on the road today.”
The U.S.’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is working on safety regulations for unmanned flying vehicles like the Prime Air copters. Those regulations will make sure the copters are able to fly safely where they need to go. Once the FAA has put its rules in place, which could be as early as 2016, Amazon will be ready with its fleet of tiny flyers. The process could take as many as five years.
The new delivery service would likely be available only in the United States, at first. The copters the company is testing now can handle packages up to five pounds (2.3kg) and they have a range of 10 miles (16 kilometers).
Other companies are also looking at using unmanned flying vehicles to deliver their products. For instance, Domino’s Pizza in the U.K. released a video showing a “DomiCopter”, delivering a pizza. That video may have been a publicity stunt(噱头In any case, just like Prime Air’s octocopters, the DomiCopters don’t have clearance(许可4. For what purpose does Amazon want to use the Prime Air?
A. To predict the sales volume.
B. To check the delivery service.
C. To shorten the delivery period.
D. To remind people to order online.
5. What do we know from Amazon’s words in paragraph 2?
A. The Prime Air Vehicles will still travel on the road.
B. The Amazon’s delivery system needs to be improved.
C. The Prime Air Vehicles will be widely put into use soon.
D. The creation of the Prime Air Vehicles was inspired by the mail trucks.
6. The Prime Air Vehicles will be regulated by the U.S.’s FAA for __________.
A. the design plans
B. the delivery price
C. the driver’s training
D. the safety assessment
7. What does Paragraph 4 mainly tell us about the new delivery method?
A. Its safety
B. Its delivery ability
C. Its appearance
D. Its moving speed
8. What can be inferred from the last paragraph?
A. The new delivery service has attracted more customers.
B. The designer of Amazon has promoted “Prime Air” to other company.
C. Another unmanned vehicle has been put into use by a British pizza company.
D. Unmanned vehicles could possibly be developed and employed by more companies.
One of the greatest contributions to the first Oxford English Dictionary was also one of its most
unusual. In 1879, Oxford University in England asked Prof. James Murray to serve as editor for what was to be the most ambitious dictionary in the history of the English language. It would include every
English word possible and would give not only the definition but also the history of the word and quotations (引文) showing how it was used.
This was a huge task, so Murray had to find volunteers from Britain, the United States, and the
British colonies to search every newspaper, magazine, and book ever written in English. Hundreds of volunteers responded, including William Chester Minor. Dr. Minor was an American surgeon who had served in the Civil War and was now living in England. He gave his address as ?Broadmoor, Crowthorne, Berkshire,” 50 miles from Oxford.
Minor joined the army of volunteers sending words and quotations to Murray. Over the next 17 years, he became one of the staff’s most valued contributors.
But he was also a mystery. In spite of many invitations, he would always decline to visit Oxford. So in 1897, Murray finally decided to travel to Crowthorne himself. When he arrived, he found Minor locked
in a book-lined cell at the Broadmoor Asylum (精神病院) for the Criminally Insane.
Murray and Minor became friends, sharing their love of words. Minor continued contributing to the
dictionary, sending in more than 10,000 submissions in 20 years. Murray continued to visit Minor regularly, sometimes taking walks with him around the asylum grounds.
In 1910, Minor left Broadmoor for an asylum in his native America. Murray was at the port to wave
goodbye to his remarkable friend.
Minor died in 1920, seven years before the first edition of the Oxford English Dictionary was completed. The 12 volumes defined 414,825 words, and thousands of them were contributions from a very scholarly and devoted asylum patient.
9. According to the text, the first Oxford English Dictionary _________.
A. came out before minor died
B. was edited by an American volunteer
C. was intended to be the most ambitious English dictionary Murray
D. included the English words invented by Murray
10. How did Dr. Minor contributed to the dictionary?
A. He helped Murray to find hundreds of volunteers.
B. He sent newspapers, magazines and books to Murray.
C. He went to England to work with Murray.
D. He provided a great number of words and quotations
11. Why did Dr. Minor refuse to visit Oxford?
A. He lived far from Oxford
B. He was shut in an asylum
C. He was busy writing a book
D. He disliked traveling
12. Prof. Murray and Dr. Minor became friends mainly because __________.
A. They had a common interest in words
B. They both served in the Civil War
C. Minor recovered with the help of Murray
D. Murray went to America regularly to visit Minor
There’s no doubt that man is the smartest. But do you know what other animals are smart, too?
Dolphins are very smart. Most of the “tricks” they’re taught to do are actually behavior they would engage in on their own. They love to play, race and generally enjoy their life to the fullest. They speak a language we have yet to completely understand and like all civilized creatures, dolphins’ mothers always provide their young children with guidance and possibly, love.
Great apes
The great ape family primarily consists of gorillas, chimpanzees and orangutans. Their brain chemistry is so similar to humans’ that NASA once used chimpanzees in place of astronauts during many dangerous missions. Gorillas have been taught sign language and orangutans exist in complex familial relationships.
Everyone has heard the phrase “an elephant never forgets”. Elephants establish long-term friendships, recognizing and remembering their friends years later. If an elephant comes upon a fallen friend, it has even been known to feel sad.
As proved by this list, parrots are very smart. They are also the only animals listed that can actually hold a conversation. Some parrots know hundreds of words by imitating humans. The birds are also capable of remembering words and using them intelligently in response to situations.
13. Which of the following is TRUE about dolphins?
A. They are able to play a lot of tricks.
B. Humans know well of dolphins’ language.
C. Their brain chemistry is similar to humans’.
D. Dolphins’ mothers care little about their children.
14. Which kind of animal has a long-term memory?
A. Dolphins. B. Great apes. C. Elephants. D. Parrots.
15. According to the passage, the special characteristic of parrots is that __________.
A. they can use words remembered before to interact
B. they can imitate human beings by playing with them
C. they have the feeling of sadness when they see a dead bird
D. they can read people’s minds through words they remember
第二节 (共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。
Nearly everyone has spent at least one night lying in bed wishing for sleep. But for many, it’s a nightly struggle. The key, or secret, is to experiment. What works for some might not work as well for others. ______16______
1. Set a regular bedtime. Go to bed at the same time every night. ______17______ Try not to break this routine on weekends when it may be tempting to stay up late. If you want to change your bedtime, help your body adjust.
2. ______18______ If you’re getting enough sleep, you should wake up on time naturally without an alarm. As with your bedtime, try to maintain your regular wake-up time even on weekends.
3. Be smart about napping. While taking a nap can be a great way to recharge, especially for older adults, it can make insomnia(失眠)worse. ______19______ If you must nap, do it in the early afternoon, and limit it to thirty minutes.
4. Fight after-dinner drowsiness(睡意). What should you do when getting sleepy before your bedtime? ______20______ For example, washing the dishes, or calling a friend. If you give in to the drowsiness, you may wake up later in the night and have trouble getting back to sleep.
A. Wake up at the same time every day.
B. Spend more time outside in the day time.
C. When it’s time to sleep, make sure the room is dark.
D. Get off the couch and do something to avoid falling asleep.
E. If insomnia is a problem for you, consider giving up napping.
F. It’s important to find the sleep strategies that work best for you.
G. Choose a time when you normally feel tired so that you can fall asleep easily.
第二部分 英语知识应用(共两节,满分45分)
完填空(共20小题,每小题1.5分,共30分)阅读下短文,从所给的四个选项A、B、C和D,选出最佳选项并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
it would be the holidays, but before that, there were year exams. All the ___21___ had been working hard for some time, reviewing their lessons for the exams. If they didn’t ___22___, they would have to retake them in September. There were usually a few who ___23___, but Jane didn’t want to be one of them. She had worked hard all year, ___24___ just before the exams she was working so hard that her sister Barbara was ___25___about her. She went to bed too ___26___. The night before the first exam, Barbara ___27___ that she have an early night and take a ___28___ pill. She promised to wake ___29___ up in the morning.
She was not relaxed. As she was falling asleep, Jane was afraid that she might oversleep. Her ___30___ kept jumping from subject to subject. At last, with the help of ___31___, she went to sleep. In no time(不久)at all, she was sitting in the examination hall, looking at the examination ___32___ , but she couldn’t answer any of the questions. ___33___ around her was writing pages and gages. ___34___ she thought hard, she couldn’t find anything to write ___35___. She kept looking at her ___36___. Time was running out. There was only an hour to go. She started one question, wrote two sentences, ___37___ and tried another one. With only half an hour left she wrote another two sentences. By this time she was so worried that she started ___38___. Her whole body shook. It shook so much that she ___39___ up. She was still in bed and it had all been a ___40___ dream. A minute later, Barbara called her name. 21. A. students
B. schools
C. classmates
D. teachers 22. A. prepare
D. miss 23. A. succeeded
24. A. because
D. but 25. A. excited
B. worried
C. frightened
D. pleased 26. A. early
C. heavily
D. eagerly 27. A. insisted
C. ordered
D. wished 28. A. sleeping
B. resting
C. exciting
D. breathing 29. A. him
D. herself 30. A. hand
D. body 31. A. her sister
B. her parents
C. the lessons
D. the medicine 32. A. result
D. paper 33. A. The teacher
B. The students
D. Everyone 34. A. If
D. How 35. A. with
D. to 36. A. watch
B. textbook
D. subject 37. A. gave up
B. put off
C. looked around
D. thought over 38. A. examining
B. leaving
C. copying
D. crying 39. A. raised
D. cheered 40. A. nice
B. wonderful
C. terrible
D. special
第二节(共10小题:每小题1分,满分1分)
Mattie celebrated her 6th birthday earlier this month. For her birthday, she wanted to do something for other children.
“We ______41______ (talk) about Mattie’s birthday cake when she said that she wanted a big one so no one was hungry at her party,” her mother said. “She didn’t want anyone to be hungry and she got big tears in her eyes and asked if we could donate food ______42______ people.”
For her party, Mattie’s friends arrived ______43______ (quick) with gifts, but the packages weren’t filled with toys, instead ______44______ (can) and boxes of food. Once her party was over, Mattie, with some help, took ______45______ donations of food to the Maryville Ministry Center.
Mattie was not the only local child ______46______ recently did so. Her best friend Eliana celebrated her 5th birthday in February and decided that she wanted to give back as well.
Mattie and Eliana are still children, though, and enjoy ______47______ (play) with their dolls and stuffed animals just like every other kid does.
“For being so young, it’s a blessing ______48______ (have) kids that are living for something more than themselves,” Wall said. “I’m pretty ______49______ (hope) that it will continue over time and it’s amazing to see ______50______ (we) kids doing things for others.”
第三部分 写作(共两节, 满分25分)
短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)(^)(\)nearly three months when she last saw her grandson. When she was walking by a
playground, a football fly in her direction. She was already in her seventy. Should she
kick the ball back and should she just go past leave it where it was? Finally she gave it a
kick with greatly effort and the ball went straight on into the goal. What amazing it was! She
helped them win the game.
第二节 书面表达(满分25分)
(1)过渡捕猎;(2)破坏栖息地;(3)终日生活在饥饿和担惊受怕中。
3. 恳请人类保护动物,与它们和谐相处。
注意:1. 词数100左右;2. 可以适当地增加细节;
I am the South China tiger, an endangered animal. ________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________
South China Tiger
第三节 单词拼写(每空1分,共5分)
请根据括号内容提示的中文意思填空
51. I will e__________ (交换52. He lent them money for quite a__________ (正当的恰当的reasons.
53. The prisoner a__________ (企图尝试an escape, but failed.
54. Her t__________ (技术 has improved a lot over the past season.
55. Legal questions rarely exist in the a__________ (抽象
第四节 短语填空(每空0.5分,共10分)
请根据括号内容提示的中文意思填写对应的英文短语每空填一词
56. _____ _____(巧合的是57. Ben _____ _____ _____ (对…过敏58. It was quite a thrill to see a movie star _____ _____ _____(本人59. The two men’s life stories _____ _____ (吸引different groups.
60. Can you _____ _____ _____ (懂得what she says?
61. The prisoner’s statement _____ _____ _____ (与…相矛盾the one he’d made earlier.
62.The money has _____ _____ (用完 on my mobile phone.
63. I noticed his eyes _____ _____(尤其特别, because they were very small.
惠州市第一中学 2017届高二年级 考试
英语试题 参考答案
第一部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分30分)
第一节 (共15小题; 每小题2分,满分30分)参考答案—3 BCA
4—8 CCDBD
9—12 CDBA
13—15 ACA
第二节 (共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
参考答案—20 FGAED
第二部分 英语知识应用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节 完填空(共20小题,每小题1.5分,共30分)—25 ABDDB
26—30 BAABC
31—35 DDDBB
36—40 AADBC
第二节(共10小题:每小题1分,满分1分)41. were talking
43. quickly
47. playing
48. to have
49. hopeful
第三部分 写作(共两节, 满分25分)
短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
72. her →him
73. when →since 74. fly →flew 75. seventy →seventies
76. and →or 77. leave →leaving78. greatly →great 79. 去掉on 80. what →how
第二节 书面表达(满分25分)I am the South China tiger, an endangered animal. I’m writing to tell you something about my poor living environment which results from your cruel activities.
Looking back, how wonderful it was for us to enjoy the green forest, the fresh air and the free life. However, you hunt too much, decreasing the number of us. Besides, you cut down the trees, which destroyed our habitat. It is your human activities that push us to the edge of extinction. My family and I are living in hunger and fear all day long.
I strongly appeal to you to protect us but not to hurt us. It’s our hope that we can live in harmony with each other.
Looking forward to your concern for us!
South China Tiger
第三节 单词拼写(每空1分,共5分)
51. exchange
52. appropriate
53. attempted
54. technique
55. abstract
第四节 短语填空(每题1分,共10分)
56. By coincidence 57. is(was) allergic to
58. in the flesh
59. appeal(appealed) to